Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
soon2bsh said:
anybody know where sherwin-williams paint stands?

Honda has paint codes for it as well in the TSB's, but I don't know if that means it is decent or not. Lotta help huh??? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update: Well, got stuck behind a truck today that was loosing chuncks of mud. I hit the brakes and backed off (was about 40 ft behind anyway) and ended up with at least 3 rock chips. The paint job is a little over 2 wks old and I doubt it would have done anything to my stock paint. Is this the sign of a bad paint job (ie. lack of prep), or is it just due to new paint? Will this harden in time or can I expect a fragile front end? :shrug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have done a search on paint quality...

I know that:

PPG
Dupont
Sikkens

are all good paints, my car is in the shop right now and they use Spies-Hecker paint. I have never heared of this...... is it any good? This is a VERY reputable body shop and has a code listed for Honda's TSB 96-058.......... any Opinions would be really helpfull. :confused: I need some piece of mind that my baby will be okay.:p
So... 16 years later, what of the repair?!!
Glasurit and Spies are in a league of their own in regards to Auto Paint quality, anyone who would argue otherwise is merely an idiot who enjoys the noises that come out of their own mouths.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts