Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched, and found few similars but not the exact problem.

I have a 1994 prel., mt, EL cluster...
it has this problem since I buy it.

I have replaced the vss and still with the problem.
I dont have any CEL light, just one of the abs.
I make some the vss test in the helms, except for the one turning the wheels, and they were good.

My speedometer sometimes comes crazy, it goes from the speed I am to the end (140mph).

It also have this problem... if im stopped it haves 0mph but sometimes it stops in 20mph or something like that. Then when I start to run, in the first gear it wont move, when I go to second it starts to move and then continues working good.

the problem is not exactly with the first gear, i was almost stopped and put second and the speedo wont move.

I think that the problem could be in the trans, or in the vss core..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am one of the ones with a similar problem just without EL gauges. I am gonna try replacing my VSS. If that doesn't work my next step is to flush out the whole P/S system of all the old fluid. If that doesn't work I will try my wheel sensors or something. If I don't figure it out soon I am smashing the VSS with a hammer, removing my stock gauges and creating some sort of custom gauge set up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i replace the vss and nothing... im thinking to buy the whole vss with the core... but not yet

you have the same problem that in the first year the gauge not detect anything?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine have that... but happens in both ways... some times it have like 10-20mph faster than I am, but the most of the time it haves 10-20mph lower than I am...

I was making my gauges light blue... and I decide to switch the tach and speed "needles" (the pointer, the thing that shows you how r you going...) and now the speed seems to be fine and the tach have the problem of the speedo...

BUT the speed still jumping, and the tach no...

maybe switching the needles and trying to adjust the tach will solve most of the problem...

NOTE: if you r going to change them, dont touch the black things that have all the numbers from the front side, use gloves or something like that... fingertips wont come out... they dont see from inside.. but you have them there

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for the jumpy speedo... there are any remedy? changing the ORN vss cable? changing the cluster?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know... Old thread.
I have this problem.
I'm driving along at 30mph. Then bammo! I'm doing 140mph?
Hilarious.
Any other fixes out there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts