Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today while on the interstate my Speedo needle was sticking at 61, 71, and 80 mph, also it sometimes just sticks at a lower speed and jumps up to a higher speed. I was thinking it was because the backing on my white face gauges may be coming up and causing it to stick, but everything looks fine, any reason this may happen, have any of you noticed this prob, by the way it's a 5th gen.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I just installed reverse indiglos last night, and today while driving to work, I noticed mine do the exact same thing. I follwed the write-up in the FAQ on this board, and it just said to tape basically the corners of the gauges, but i guess that's not good enough.

Gonna go downstairs at lunch and get me some double-sided tape and try it again tonight.

·
Registered
136 Posts
my need les did that too when i installed my gauges. the tiniest piece of plastic will make ur needles stick at that spot. what i did was i took my mom's nail file that is really thin and i filed the part on the gauges where the holes are. this will smooth it out and everything will work fine. just be careful not to file anything else.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
The same thing happened on my Accord. Alot of times in humid weather it will cause it to warp adn catch the needle.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
mine still does it on and off,mostly when its really hot it'll stick,I've tooken it apart apart 5 times already,only thing you can do is tape it down more and use double sided tape under it

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
ha this is like the 50000th thread about this

well i've said it b4 and i'll say it again.. just try bending them in certain ways so that it wont "bubble up" in the middle, and will bubble up on the edges instead.. then when u tape the edges down, it will be completely flat... just mess around with it... i usually test my needles out before i put em back on the car anyway... u know.. put the bezel on without the glass piece, and just move it around and see what it does.. if it sticks somewhere, then u know where to fix it..

good luck with that guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts