Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is my project that I have been working on. I mounted one on my car today and the other needs to be finished soon. Anyways, here are the teasing pics.

These are AMBER led's. They look red here, but they are not, VERY AMBER.

Comments? I love em. :bigthumb:

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
Woah...just what I have been looking for!! Will you put these into production? Also...is that amber lense still in place with LED's behind it?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have right now a clear diffused aftermarket lens with amber led's in it. That way it is legal, but is cleared when the lights are not in use. Production? Geezz.. I might make it for other people. But I need to perfect the method first. I am toying with other ways to do this. Also, the LED's I use are the consumer type of the led's they use for cadillac/bmw/M-B taillights, so they have a wide viewing angle and are BRIGHT.

·
wasting my youth
1,349 Posts
SWEET. Keep us posted. I'd pay cash money for something like that. :bigthumb:

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Any possibility of making side markers into LED. Like JDM sidemarkers but make those into LEDs

Let meknow
thakns

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
that's a great idea with the 4-pin leds, a lot more even and better than that stupid one "section" lit up from the simple bulb..

man now another mod for me to do hahaha... but first i must finish my interior!!!!!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im glad people like this... i love it. I just took my car for a spin around downtown with all the huge windows with reflections so i could gaze at my car. All I can say is that with the HID projectors emitting a white light, the fogs emitting a yellow, and these emitting amber, it looks SOOO sweet. Pics do NOT do it justice.

AND, I can make the LED's any color, blue, white, red, orange, yellow, pink. You name it :)

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
Could you make them with an Amber lense and amber LED's? I like the look of the Amber over the clear which isn't what most people like but thats just me. Oh and how many LED's are you using. I'll get some stock side markers and send them out to ya to play around with if thats what it will take. I would really like to do this mod at some point.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, i first tested the whole process with amber sidemarkers. Here is what I found. With the honda sidemarkers, their will not be as much light output, but it MIGHT glow more. I never tested them on my car, but the diffused lens made it so you could NOT see into them at all and they looked 100% stock. I use 16 LED's per sidemarker. 98vtec, email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
i am very interested in these, using the clear sidemarker and amber l.e.d.'s. do you think you would have time around the first of june to do this. let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i really do not know, I have not even finished mine yet. It will take some time. And I have a few other techniques to try.

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
soccer3303 said:
i really do not know, I have not even finished mine yet. It will take some time. And I have a few other techniques to try.
i think ur technique with the 4-pin leds is great as it is.. and it works great since the sidemarker is completely flat, where as in the taillight u have that damn curved reflector piece and ****

one thing i'll comment on (which u may or may not have done i dont know) is that maybe u could paint the proto-board silver so it isn't noticible in the daytime (brown)

*shrug*

1 - 20 of 24 Posts