Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Because Raptor!
955 Posts
any one of those would be good but either of the iridiums would be the best. I have NGK iridiums and no problems what so ever. THe car also ran smoother.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the bosch platinum - good right after i got them, now the car idles smooth sometimes, but other times it's kinda ~~~. They are starting to be kinda boggy under 2k RPM, at first they were not and my NGK's (stock) were good for 2 years. I bought some NGK Iridiums off of ebay for like $25.00 shipped.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
plugs all depend on what you're going for. There's 3 choices(basically), There's performance, in which Silver is the best(expensive), but for basic applications, copper plugs are the best, but, in turn with the performance, you get lesser life span of the plug. Then you got your Iridium plugs, they give the least amount of performance due to the least amount of conductivity, but they last the longest. Then you got your platinums which are a nice medium.

·
Registered
973 Posts
prelude styl said:
plugs all depend on what you're going for. There's 3 choices(basically), There's performance, in which Silver is the best(expensive), but for basic applications, copper plugs are the best, but, in turn with the performance, you get lesser life span of the plug. Then you got your Iridium plugs, they give the least amount of performance due to the least amount of conductivity, but they last the longest. Then you got your platinums which are a nice medium.

i think you have iridiums and platinums confused.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hm.. I don't think so, because platinums have always been very common, and when Iridiums came out they were huge because of how long they lasted.

But maybe...?

·
Registered
973 Posts
^platinum is a very poor conductor and also notice how in the manual says to change your plugs at like 100k with platinums.

iridiums, like denso have a very small tip which lasts about 20k. the ngk iridiums have a larger tip which should last a tad longer. if you believe the hype, the smaller tip is supposed to make it spark easier which is better for performance and gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
i would believe Iridium has better conductivity than platinum and last longer than copper too, but then if your car is not heavily modded or you drive like crazy, i would say copper plugs are good enough, economy, good conductivity, shorter lifespan of course

i never know that anyone actually makes Silver plugs though, i know they will be conducting better than any 3 materials above, but i don't think anyone makes them?

·
Registered
973 Posts
^actually if by driving crazy you mean hard/fast then you should be using a a colder heat range plug like a ngk ZFR7F-11 and change them every year.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ok, my mistake on the platinum/iridium thing.

Vile, copper is the best conducting of the 3, and also the shortest life span. But I think the lifespan is irrelevant because they're a fraction of the cost of any of the other plugs. I think copper is the only way to go personally.

As for silver, it doesn't take the heat too well... it has a very short lifespan. They'd be used for dragging only.. unless you're rich and can afford changing expensive plugs every month, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts