Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are facing the engine on my h22 the 1st and last spark plug wires do something funny. If you take out the 4th spark plug wire the car doesn't bog or sputter, which it should, right? However, if I take out the 1st spark plug wire out the engine accelerates, why? Can anyone give me any advice on how to fix it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why would I want to take all 4 out? would that not mess something up? I'm not trying to be a smart ass but if that is a method used for testing something then I'll go ahead and do that but what will I get out of it? And yes that is funny right? I have no clue on where to go from here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh sorry misread the post lol well when I don't take them out the engine sounds fine but now that I noticed that problem the engine probably isn't at its full potential. The only time the car runs funny is when it warms up. That is when it will bog and the idle will want to go lower than 1k.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i dont know how you know if the sparks are bad or no... but i had a spark plug damaged and you will notice it...
it happened when i cleaned my engine for fisrt time... that plug was filled with water

it should be normal that it seems to be accelerated when cold and then lower the revs when it warms up... close to 1k... like 700 rpm

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
I have a similar issue. It happens when I jerk the steering wheel hard right or left. The car always runs off the road as a result.

What can I do to correct this potentially dangerous problem?

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
I have a similar issue. It happens when I jerk the steering wheel hard right or left. The car always runs off the road as a result.

What can I do to correct this potentially dangerous problem?
Sell the car. Then eat some pc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts