Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I've got a 97 base with the Standard H22A JDM swap (non type-s), my buddy just bought the RSX Base and we ran a few in the rain...

end result was damn close mostly varied by who got the jump on the throttle, although I did notice at about 3rd I started to pull on him or catch up if behind we didn't go much faster than part way into 3rd. Of course grip was an issue due to wet roads...

My question: Shouldn't I be faster than this? I thought the Prelude compared pretty favorably against the RSX Type-S??

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
Wait it was wet? :eek: You guys are NUTS! :p Umm.. The RSX was a base? Or type S? I am confused.. Also do you have any mods done to your H22A?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was wet but we didn't go much faster than 60ish couple dig runs and couple 20ish runs

Him = Base RSX (Short Ram, and Fart Can)
Me = Base Prelude (Short Ram, JDM H22A (same power as USDM), Cat back)

I guess looking at the "stock numbers" the Type S is faster than a base Prelude

0-60 1/4 Mile Car
6.8 15.4 Prelude
6.1-6.7 14.8-15.1 RSX Type-S (numbers change depending on year)

It's weird only ONE year of the Type-S is slow enough to be close to the Prelude, So I'm guessing that was a fluke, and assuming the higher numbers, which basically equates to a good old ass beating. So it's not too far for me to believe that the Base RSX is a better (even) match for the Prelude.

Peter I agree with you comment! Which is why he and I are taking it to the drag strip within the next few weeks! Let the games begin!! Although he says he is getting a K-Reflash which may tip the scales in his favor.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i believe the standard jdm h22 has 161 tq as opposed to 156 the usdm has
Yeah it does, but that doesn't really translate into much because it isn't available until higher in the power band which is where the HP is developed anyhow...the base RSX even though it has less at peak for tq has it 1500 RPM sooner.

I'd have to see the dyno charts for both to really compare but my guess is that the RSX tq curve is more linear while the JDM H22 is more peak driven.

SPECS:

161 tq @ 5500 RPM - SiR H22
141 tq @ 4000 RPM - K20A3

I still think this will be a drivers race, but he keeps having "things" to do, and can't go to the track...likely excuse!! :rolleyes:

I think he's afraid of the awesomeness that is the Prelude!! :bigthumb::laugh:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so we took a trip down to the drag strip. Here are each cars mods:

RSX Base:
  • Injen Short Ram Intake
  • Summer Only Tires
  • RSX Type-S Muffler
  • Shifter Bushings
Prelude Base:
  • Falken Cold Air Intake
  • Nitto All Season Tires
  • OBX-R Twin Loop Muffler
  • CAT delete
  • Shifter Bushings
  • Motor Mount Inserts
So we ran 15 runs, every time down the track I end up a good distance ahead. Mostly 1st gear was a total wash, neck and neck. 2nd gear was when I started to pull. 3rd gear put me way off in the distance on him.

RSX Base best run:
Reaction --- +.765
60 ft. --- 2.355
594 ft. --- 10.095
1/8 Mile --- 10.796
1/8 MPH --- 64.24
1/4 ET --- 16.750
1/4 MPH --- 82.72

Prelude Base best run:

Reaction --- +.669
60 ft. --- 2.275
594 ft --- 9.275
1/8 Mile --- 9.896
1/8 MPH --- 72.47
1/4 ET --- 15.250
1/4 MPH --- 91.15

·
Banned
245 Posts
H22a4 output= F(driver ability) Its all about keeping it on the cam !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts