Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup peeps. got me a Monster Tach Auto Gage with shift light and the whole nine...me a hardcore racer now
i dont want to hook it up to my gauges because it aint accurate. anywhere else besides the ECU?? i'm trying to stay away from that. i caught the biggest headach from doing my VAFC.

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
171 Posts
How about the blue tach test connector near your passenger strut tower? Thats where I connected mine and it is very accurate. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for real?? i dont know these things. thats not a bad idea though. sounds easy. how did you bring the wires all the way out there? guess i'm going to need some extension wires.

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah it was really easy, I just soldered an extension piece onto the wire from under my dash then I ran it out through my firewall. Once you get it through its a piece of cake. I wired it into the black split loom I already had under my hood and over to the test connector. Then used one of those blue tap-in connectors and it worked great. Have you already hooked up the light wires and everything too? If so I have a question for you. Thanks

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey Dclude, do you have a pic or diagram of how you did yours? i just popped up my hood and looked at it. its not a bad idea. i think i'll do it that way. but what about the shift like and gauge light itself? actually i dont even know if the gauge has light because its an Auto Gage not the Sport Comp. hey for 30 bones u cant go wrong

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, thats what i wanted to ask you

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ha... I dont have a pic but for the dimmer switch(background light on the tach) I wired mine into the little light aroung the cig. lighter. What other wires are there? I did it a while ago but I think Ill remember.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there's a black, red, green and white wire. the other wires were cut out because there was no use for them. which wire on the blue connector did u connect it to? ok, so all i know is that, the red one goes to the light power, the black one is ground and the white or green one is for either the ignition or rpm.

[This message has been edited by KQ (edited April 17, 2001).]

·
Registered
171 Posts
im pretty sure that the green wire goes to the tach test connector and the white one is for ignition. lemme run check the wire on the connector...brb

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cigarette lighter light?? is your car a 5th gen lude?

·
Registered
171 Posts
ok green is definately the one that runs to the tach test connector and I only had one blue wire coming off of the connector. Im pretty sure there should only be one blue wire...i used the schematic diagram when I wired it. Let me know if this is tha same with yours...if not let me know what it looks like.

·
Registered
171 Posts
no mines a 4th gen lude, but its a H22a. And if not cig lighter just use any one of the lights that adjust with your dimmer switch.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok im lookin at the Autometer website diagram and it says that white goes to lighting, red to 12v switch ignition, black to ground and green goes to standard igniton or electronic ignition. the only problem is where is that blue wire

·
Registered
171 Posts
look around by the strut tower on the passnger side it might be under your intake...thats where mine was. It should initially be coming off your distr. cap. Just one single blue wire running into a little blue connector. Let me know.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey DClude, do you have an aim i can talk to you with?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts