Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from the shop. If anyone remembers, I changed my setup from Maxrev and t3/t04e 60 trim turbo to a Revhard manifold and t3 60-1 .82 a/r. No numbers yet but one of the shop guys took me for a drive (he's much better and has tons of experience driving). Anyway it felt solid. At around 12psi (the AVCR was set to 1.15 bar but since we were on the street we only got to 12psi before we ran out of room), it pulled like crazy. I can only imagine what it's going to be like at full boost. With the good news of course there comes some bad news. One of the wrist pins is screwed up (exact same symptoms from their experience). It drives but makes a funny clicking sound due to it.

The problem with my car not making power was simple...timing. My head was milled once and the block was milled twice. Stock timing is 16 degress from what I understand but due to the milling, it was only at 2 degrees. I am not sure I am getting all the technical aspects correctly so bear with me. They adjusted the distributor (I have an obd1 distributor) and the cam gears. They were able to clean up the program and make great gains in power. I really think 350whp will not be an issue. My only dilemma is wheather to put the 720cc injectors in and upgrade the fuel system and go for more power. Sorry for the long post but I am very happy to finally have some power even with the mishap. Thaks for reading my babblings.....

·
Registered
928 Posts
sounds like great news, cept for the wrist pin and if you are running 550s i would definately upgrade

so how many rpms to get 12 psi?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Good to hear the mystery was solved...sucks about having to tear it down again, I can sympathize with you on that one! I take it you're pretty happy with the 60-1...is it a stage III or V turbine? How's the fitment with the new manifold...did you need to notch the front mount? I'm starting to explore my options as my motor will be coming back from the machine shop mon. and I hope to reassemble/reinstall the 24th...unfortunately it looks like my 60-1 will sit on the shelf for a bit as geoff's been dragging his feet on my manifold. I was looking at the drag4, rev hard, or super-t's...until I make a decision the old manifold/turbo are going back on.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, I've got RC720's in my setup with no complaints. It took a bit to get the idle dialed in with the AEM but it idled just like stock once I was done. At 15psi I was barely over 50%...they should be sufficient for some big numbers.

--Ian

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea as I was too overjoyed to take a look at the rpm lol. I should have some numbers on next Saturday as long as nothing else breaks down lol.

The 60-1 fit with no notching whatsoever with the Revhard manifold. The front space is a bit cramped even with my C&R radiator and the slim fan it came with. I don't think the stock radiator and fan will allow you to run a 60-1 front space wise. Hey Ian what fuel setup do you have? I was thinking about running an external pump and putting the 720cc injectors in there but most like would need to upgrade Hondata. I am hearing you shouldn't run 20psi on it. It's like a chain....get this then you have to get that and upgrade this. Never a simple thing. I would say get Revhard then you won't have to do anything to the block. I'll try to get some pics for you next Friday or Saturday.

·
Registered
332 Posts
anubyss said:
I have no idea as I was too overjoyed to take a look at the rpm lol. I should have some numbers on next Saturday as long as nothing else breaks down lol.

The 60-1 fit with no notching whatsoever with the Revhard manifold. The front space is a bit cramped even with my C&R radiator and the slim fan it came with. I don't think the stock radiator and fan will allow you to run a 60-1 front space wise. Hey Ian what fuel setup do you have? I was thinking about running an external pump and putting the 720cc injectors in there but most like would need to upgrade Hondata. I am hearing you shouldn't run 20psi on it. It's like a chain....get this then you have to get that and upgrade this. Never a simple thing. I would say get Revhard then you won't have to do anything to the block. I'll try to get some pics for you next Friday or Saturday.
I've got an intank walbro gss342...otherwise the lines from the tank are stock up to the filter. I replaced the stock banjos and line with SS an-6 and earls fittings going from the filter to my AEM rail/FPR. The sending unit for my fp guage is on the rail and even at 20psi I wasn't seeing any drop in fuel pressure which would be indicative of not having enough flow. The hondata should still be able to control things...I don't recall what kind of resolution you'd get running 20psi but I don't think it'd be much worse than the AEM. As long as you've got someone good to dial it in I'd stick with it.

As far as the manifold's concerned I'm glad to hear that the RH is an option...I should be able to fit my 60-1 with my fluidyne as the fan's slightly smaller than the c&r. The only problem that I might have would be the difference in offset of the turbine housing...is yours 4bolt or 5? Since mine's a stageV .63 it's the 5bolt, if it causes issues I might exchange for a stageIII .82 which should flow around the same. The other option was the SuperT manifold pictured below but he hasn't gotten back to me regarding my fitment concerns. Ideally I wanna stick with geoff's fullrace but he seems to be dragging his feet anymore...

--Ian

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My turbine housing is .82 a/r stage V four bolt.(not 100% sure on the stage V). I thought it was kind of big but my car seems to like it. Good to know your car seems fine on the gss342. That is the Walbro high pressure 255 lph unit I believe. I may try the ss lines with new fittings too if it's working out well for you. I just want to make sure there is enough fuel delivery. Thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
It will fit fine, especially with your slimline fans. I had to take out one of my stock fans, so I just added another fan to the front of the radiator and it seems to work fine for now. My shops also building me a new manifold, I'll pry sell my current one eventually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts