Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, pretty new to this forum but I thought it would be the best place to ask!
ive got a gem 4 prelude and I’ve got some kind of a leak that’s affected my clutch as the pedal goes down but doesn’t come back up, the slave cylinder seems fine but can’t seem to be able to get to the master cylinder. ive got some pics if anyone could give me a hand and tell me what this certain part is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

There are plenty of threads about clutch pedal loss out there. Please search for them, not because I don't want to answer, but because they explain in detail which is far better than we can explain here. I'd suggest sourcing the service manual and reviewing how the slave and master cylinder work with the clutch pedal.

If you would like to know where the master cylinder is for the clutch, assuming EDM is identical to USDM, then when the hood is open, it would be in the top right corner of your engine bay. Next to your injector's resistor box and/or your brake booster/brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi guys, pretty new to this forum but I thought it would be the best place to ask!
ive got a gem 4 prelude and I’ve got some kind of a leak that’s affected my clutch as the pedal goes down but doesn’t come back up, the slave cylinder seems fine but can’t seem to be able to get to the master cylinder. ive got some pics if anyone could give me a hand and tell me what this certain part is? View attachment 19741
If the pedal doesn't go up then you have a problem with one or both master and slave cylinders. I recently had to change both my slave and master clutch cylinders on my 97 Prelude SH (~200k miles). Did you notice the clutch oil reservoir empty? Follow the clutch pedal to locate the master clutch cylinder and from the underneath the hood it is easy to spot because it has the reservoir (just be careful one reservoir, the bigger one, is the brake reservoir and the little one is the clutch oil) you can easily spot both of them they are located, aligned with your steering wheel, on the firewall. Bought both of mine from eBay for $60 USD (search Prelude Master Clutch Cylinder and they usually sell both together). I got the Exedy brand. You will also need to bleed out all the old oil in the clutch line. There are YouTube videos on how to do this.

Best of Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts