Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sad to say that the lude is gone, 2 years of work and about $18,000 are lost...but I am glad to sell it and ready to move on to bigger and better things
I will definately keep coming here though just to see what the word is on one of my favorite cars. Thanks for all the info and knowledge that you guys have provided over the years. H-A.net is definately the best lude site out there, thanks to the members. Peace.....

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
wait, so what the heck did u get?

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
Glad (and sad) to hear that you finally sold it
Hope your next toy is as much fun as the lude was. Now...don't spend another 18k on your next car ok!?! That's just nuts!!

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Congrats to finally selling your Prelude, Monty. As ODL said, whatever car you bought, don't go ballistic on mods like you did with the last one

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

LET'S GO BLUES!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I definately won't go too crazy on the next car
I am going to buy a POS for a daily driver and try to save up some cash for awhile. Right now the supra TT is looking like a posibility, but I really want to get an R33. Thats the goal but I am not sure how realistic or practical it is...time will tell, but I am sure I will still read the board so I'll let you know. Peace.

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Monty, a Supra TT would be more attainable. And, as you may have read with Dr. James' posts, he can't seem to get enough of it...selling his heavily modded Supra, and later buying another one

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

LET'S GO BLUES!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Get the R33 or R32. You can have an R32 right now for around 30,000. Thats attainable, definitely. IMHO, the R32 looks better anyway, plus its lighter.

------------------

98 Black Lude
5 Speed

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
R32..yeah..i've seen one on a site for 30,000. I think www.skylinegtr.com
That would be a sweet ride..but i don't know crap about nissans...hm...how bout a used NSX?

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
826 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gabedude:
Get the R33 or R32. You can have an R32 right now for around 30,000. Thats attainable, definitely. IMHO, the R32 looks better anyway, plus its lighter.

</font>
its attainable, but not more practical than owning a supra, what are you gonna do about repair parts or service? hehe

------------------
Regards,
Kion (2001 CivicEXCoupe)
AIM - Kion821

big-pimp'n post-whor'n straight ball'n up n down the middle eassiiiiide, since 50,000 BC...

(my car on the left, my girl Aishwarya Rai on the right)

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dka:
import a honda beat...mid engine...rwd..then do some type of swap. </font>
that car is DA BOMB!!!! i love it so much!!!

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
wawawa</font>

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I got a skyline I would definately do the R33. R32s are nice but I perfer the look of the R33 and would rather pay a little more. The main thing I am worried about it what Kion said, the repairs. I am not worried about the motor(an engine is an engine), its the little things that worry me. Also worried about the complexity of the suspension(HICAS, Attesa E-TS) There would be no such thing as a small problem or a minor repair. I still haven't been able to find an R33 service manual in english either. From what I have read and people I have talked to(mainly UK and Aust. GTR owners) the GTR is a really reliable car. Most likely would have around 25,000 miles so it should be fine. I would not be worried about any parts breaking on a low milage, stock supra, 3000 GT V4R, 300 ZX, or any other decent japanese car so I doubt the R33 would be much different. Nissan has a good rep for building quality cars, although not as good as honda
Always the chance for something to break though. I have plenty of time to decide, leaving the country for a few months, then buying a beater when I get back, then seeing how many pennies I can save up before I must drive a real car again

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
Congrats Mike! How much did you sell it for if you don't mind me asking? I sold the TE37's that I bought from you for a little less than what I bought from you, so things turned out good. Good luck on your car search, I'm still looking for a car too.

SAM

------------------
OG H-A Member
Do you know where your jammies are?

One of the founding fathers of the Jammie/DelTapywa Crew!!!

o0OO0o is EVIL and CORRUPT, for proof, click this http://honda-acura.net/forum/Forum20/HTML/010546.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts