Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a nitrous kit but I have a few questions

1.is this kit plug and play meaning that I don't need to get my car tuned?
2.if it's not what other components I would need besides this kit?
3.I'm not looking for where I have to hit a switch to activate the nitrous I would like it to activate on it's own say like between 4700rpm and cut off at say 6800 rpm.is that included with this kit or is that why I would have to get tuned?
please I'm looking for answers and not looking to get bashed lol
Thank you and here is the link of the kit I'm looking to buy..

ZEX? - Sorry...

·
Registered
70 Posts
The website says "Easy, plug and play, two-hour installation." so it must be true right, lol.

In all seriousness see what others have done to get NOS in their car. I'm pretty sure you would want to be OBD1 and tune it for the NOS as well, if you want to do it without potentially blowing something up.

In your situation I would just contact a performance shop and get some advice from them. If you aren't sure what you need for NOS, maybe it would be best to let someone else install it for you. Not trying to be a dick, I just don't want you to hurt yourself or your car.

Or you can check google to find write-ups on NOS installations into H22 engine and see if any exist, take your time and step-by-step it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Zex kit comes with excellent instructions which make the install very easy. The kit only sprays when your car is at wide open throttle. Zex is probably the safest kit to use, because it uses the bottle pressure to regulate the air fuel mixture..I believe. I've had mine for over 4 years now, with no problems at all. I recently added a bottle heater and a remote opener to make it easier to use. Zex also sells an air filter with a fitting to fit your spray nozzle in. Not necessary to drill the intake with this and there is no delay noticed when spraying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts