Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not happy with my car loan and insurance payments as of late. My job has gone from "guaranteed for life" to "we'll try to give you 15 seconds notice if you're going to get fired" in the past few weeks. Given all that, I started looking around at used cars tonight - mostly Mk III Supra turbos and 2nd gen RX-7 turbos. One makes a wicked drag car, the other is crazy fun in the twisties.

I found good deals on two, got pictures via email and ran VINs - it all came up clear. I already made an appointment to check out the 'rex tomorrow evening, but I know I won't be buying it.

Why?

Just for the hell of it I went to hondaprelude.com to see how the new vote was shaping up, and saw that our old friend James Chan actually had a vote! He was tied for first, with one vote. I clicked his ID (jeanluckpickerd), looked at his car and immediately ran out to my 'lude for an hour-long drive to say sorry

Insolvency, chapter 11, here I come!

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

·
Registered
838 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spite:
I'm not happy with my car loan and insurance payments as of late. My job has gone from "guaranteed for life" to "we'll try to give you 15 seconds notice if you're going to get fired" in the past few weeks. </font>
That's the way life goes. No job security these days. Unless you're working in Japan, where they guaranteed employment for life, unless the company went out-of-business.

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
most of the major japanese companies are either reconsidering that policy or have already changed it!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jbx:
That's the way life goes. No job security these days. Unless you're working in Japan, where they guaranteed employment for life, unless the company went out-of-business.

</font>

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not the Mk III - at least, not as long as you get one that didn't blow its head gasket.

Mk IVs (the new ones) are extremely expensive. Parts are hard to find, insurance is insane (thefts, break-ins, hard to replace parts, etc.)

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
the 98 Supra TT that i owned had 25k miles on it and i got it for a steal at $20k after tax, title, and license. The reason i got rid of it cause whenever i did a mod my dad turned it in to the insurance company and my insurance would jump. Im only 17 and i didnt have a job, so it didnt work out. I sold it for $25k.

peace

------------------
98 Black Base SS

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Hm...why do the 93-95 or whatever gen it is RX-7 sell for so cheap? i found one for 8000 and another one for 10,000??? i don't know.. i just heard you gotta baby these cars..

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3rd gen RX-7s are flaky. Possibly the most unreliable cars released from Japan.

I'd love to find a Supra TT at all, nevermind for 20K. Not that I could afford it, or even drive it in winter

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts