Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this problem before and then I did some rewiring and I havent noticed it again since today. Today when my warmer was on the switch all of a sudden started smoking. I am not too sure why this could be.
My warmer is from zex, and the switch is 20amps so it can handle the power running through it. One thing I am curious about is the bottle is tight against the back seat, so when the warmer is on, it is pushing up against that back seat as well. Could this be the cause?

Thanks.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Check the warmer itself.. inside the heater blanket there are coils that heat up... if the brackets you have rub through the insulation on the heater jacket..... this can cause a short in the heater jacket... thus shorting your switch.. also check your wiring... a smoking switch means there is a short somewhere.. usually to ground.. any fuses blown?? I asume it hapens as soon as you turn the switch on.. correct... make sure you have the right kind of switch.. single pole single throw... with the proper rating.. current/voltage/resistance.

·
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its the proper switch. ill have to check on my ground. ill let you know.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
You are probably using to thin of a guage wire for the switch. Thinner wires will heat up a lot more.

·
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that could be it too, its either 18 or 22 guage, ill have to check

·
Registered
233 Posts
My grandpa always says better be safe then sorry. I personally dont want any thing catching fire in my car. Do you want a fire in yours?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts