Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to get a smog check today and my car barely passed. All I have is a missing resonator, nothing else.

So I looked into the paperwork, I found that they put in 1.6 L as my engine size :rolleyes: Hence, I wonder if lower the engine size will have smaller maximum value?

Here are some numbers: (measured/max @ speed)
HC (PPM) 60/61 @ 15, 19/45 @ 25
CO (%) 0.1/0.54 @ 15, 0.01/0.53 @ 25
NO (PPM) 15/467 @ 15, 76/754 @ 25

I have called them and asked if that matters, they said no (which I agree since it's still a pass in the strict CA smog check)

So I wonder if my theory: "smaller the engine size will have smaller maximum value in smog check" will hold true?

BTW: They asked if my car was an Accord :nono:

·
Registered
532 Posts
You better make sure that they put the correct VIN in otherwise someones civic just got a free smog....

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red4WS said:
You better make sure that they put the correct VIN in otherwise someones civic just got a free smog....
Yeah. They do have the correct VIN on the paper.

I was thinking about if they are trying to rip me off for putting a smaller engine size, hence resulting a smog fail and force me to do repairs or something :confused:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I only go to a test only center just for that reason. I dont want some clown messing up so i decide to get my work done there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts