Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Preludes '88-'91 are all the same body style/generation, but what are the small interior/exterior differences between them?

G

·
general body style is the same...

88-89 then 90-91 differences

tail lights, fog lights, turn signals.. just look!! much of the interior is the same.. engines? in 90-91 they added .1 making all the Si models 2.1 (why they didn't have an emblem of 2.0 Si b/c it wasn't anymore!)

1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si

1989 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si

1986, 1988, 1989 2.0 Si's

1990 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si

------------------
**Moderator for the New Forum "Club Events"**
President of the Eastern Pennsylvania Prelude Club
AIM and ICQ: PreludeChick89

[This message has been edited by HondaChick89 (edited March 22, 2001).]

G

·
1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si

even something called "INX"

all of the specific differences are located at www.hondaprelude.com

USDM SPECS:
http://www.hondaprelude.com/resources/3rdgen/usdmspecs.asp

if you need more information that isn't here.. please post.... i'll be more than happy to tell you everything i know about the 3rd generation prelude..

Irene

------------------

·
Registered
332 Posts
HONDACHIK89

u mentioned that in 90-91 they were 2.1L, and u said thats why they no longer said 2.0 on the rear. however, in the pictures u displayed, the 90-91 WAS in fact still a 2.0, and it displayed 2.0 as well on the back. just trying not to confuse aaron hansen.

as far as i have always known, they were 2.0 til 92, when they switched to 2.2/2.3.

later

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
To correct (for USDM):

88-89: 2.0 was all that was available, in S (carbed) and Si (injected) trims.

90: The 2.1 was added under the badge "Si." The 2.0 was still available as the 2.0Si. The 2.0S model was still available (carbed). ABS was optional on the Si ALB model.

91: The 2.0S (carbed) was dropped. The 2.0Si and Si (2.1) models were still available. The Si ALB model is still offered.

4WS available all years, but only on the Si (2.1) in 90-91. VTEC was never offered here in the 3rd gen (I think it was in Japan in '91). 92 was the first year for the 4th gen and the 2.1 was no longer used in the US after that.

Another odd note, in Europe and I suspect Japan, ABS was offered on the Si model on the 2nd (!!!) gen in '86 and '87.

BTW, this is all taken from Honda brochures.

G

·
sorry i wasn't able to think this through!! but thanx for correcting me.. USDM and other specs are hard to remember off the top of your head!! especially since other countries were offered other options we never got... pooooooh..

Irene

------------------

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Not a problem. The 3rd gen probably changed the most in the shortest amount of time. They change a lot, at least in little stuff, and overseas they get a bewildering choice of engines. At least we got the good one that year : )

Anyone know if the '91 in Japan or Europe got VTEC? I've heard that, and have been curious. Don't have a JDM '91 brochure... yet!

G

·
as far as i know.. vtec wasn't here until '93......

Irene

------------------

·
Registered
47 Posts
so what ur saying is that the 91 Si ALB is a 2.1??? i thought my car is a 2.0????
anyways...what suggestions do u guys have in modifying a 3rd gen prelude? already done the basics.. intake/exhaust/dropped/rims...u guys have any good suggestions???? pls let me know thanks!!

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Goddamn that's a nice 3g

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
1 Posts
1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si

even something called "INX"

all of the specific differences are located at www.hondaprelude.com

USDM SPECS:
http://www.hondaprelude.com/resources/3rdgen/usdmspecs.asp

if you need more information that isn't here.. please post.... i'll be more than happy to tell you everything i know about the 3rd generation prelude..

Irene

------------------
Moderator for the New Forum "Club Events"
So I just bought a 1991 prelude si
But not sure if it has the four wheel steering or what type it is exactly ? Can anyone help me with this ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts