Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much did you pay to get that OEM body kit installed?

i phoned up a lot of places in ottawa and the best price i can get is $175+tax (CAD).

I read the manual and the most challenging part is the removal of rear bumper. other than that, it looks straight forward.

i'd do it myself if i were confident. but i'm not. i'd rather pay some coin for a proper job.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I got my kit from Honda when I bought my car and I got it like that as a factory option.

However, should you want this installed, Silent_Sam from the TPC who has installed several of these including his own says that he would be happy to do it for you. (Yes I told him that you live in Ottawa but we are willing to come down there next weekend! )

The only fee that he requires is that you point us in the right direction of the local bars and stuff like that!

Reply here, or email me at [email protected] or PM me on the TPC board.

:)

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wtf? arent you silent_sam from tpc???

i havent ordered the parts yet because the guy who's getting it for me at a special price wasnt in today. $1145 as opposed to $1406.

TBA.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SlntSam:
I got my kit from Honda when I bought my car and I got it like that as a factory option.

However, should you want this installed, Silent_Sam from the TPC who has installed several of these including his own says that he would be happy to do it for you. (Yes I told him that you live in Ottawa but we are willing to come down there next weekend! )

The only fee that he requires is that you point us in the right direction of the local bars and stuff like that!

Reply here, or email me at [email protected] or PM me on the TPC board.

:)

</font>

·
Registered
235 Posts
Two Silent Sam's on the TPC

One being me...SlntSam (Kuljit)
The other Being Silent_Sam (Sam)

lemme know when you got the goods....

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
removing rear bumper is hella easy.. i was hesitant also, but if i can do it.. you can do it!

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.bjunkyard.com" TARGET=_blank>

</A>

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Good GOD PLEASE DO NOT pay someone (dealer) to put that kit on for you. It's too freaking easy.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Registered
443 Posts
hey kell.007, where did u find such a low price?? I got a quote from dealer in edmonton 1400 installed..... too expensive, did the place u order ship to edmonton???

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Good GOD PLEASE DO NOT pay someone (dealer) to put that kit on for you. It's too freaking easy.

</font>
damn you. ur making fun of me?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got mine from John Eagle Honda in Dallas and paid about $800 for the full kit. I went to hparts.com got a quote off the net and then went to the dealer and asked if they could match it along with 10% off. They said no problem. Check the web for the best prices then go to the dealer and ask if they will match it. Most cases they do and they don't charge shipping.

Oh I installed the kit myself, pretty easy. Should take you no longer than 2 hours for the full kit.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
damn you. ur making fun of me?</font>
and you thought he's a nice guy?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fazle'sRightNut:
wow... come to my site. i will give you free moderator status just for being an OP!</font>

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
put it on yourself, its really not that hard. if you were near me I would do it for you for $50, but I'm not, so I won't. And you can get the kit from www.handa-accessories for around $800.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm reading this install manual..

argh. i dont wanna mess with removing the bumper and crap. jhahahah i'm mechanically inept.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
it's not the easiest thing in the world, but unless you're retarded you can do it. just take it slow, test fit everything, etc etc.

i usually am totally inept when it comes to body panels, interior trim parts, and other bits and pieces that are held on by annoying one-way clips, but i had a pretty easy time putting on the OEM kit. i found the front to be harder than the back..... and i put mine on with the car parallel parked on a public street with a severe grade!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
i'm reading this install manual..

argh. i dont wanna mess with removing the bumper and crap. jhahahah i'm mechanically inept.
</font>

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
it's not the easiest thing in the world, but unless you're retarded you can do it. </font>

anyway, it's not hard, just take your time with those clips like he said... especially the thin-topped ones on the edge of the rear fenders. use a screwdriver to pry it out from the INSIDE... and have someone help you pull the bumper out since it's long and the ends are heavier that you could drop it if you aren't careful.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
Summummabeach, you're a mod on OT now too???!!!!! You focker! :D Congrats, but wtf is going on? You've become a moderator in two forums in less than 2 months :confused: The world is gonna end :(</font>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts