Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,081 Posts
She flew out there a week or so ago to check out the facility and the area. Has some of the nice foods, coffee, beer, etc. So I guess there is a hipster population causing an influx of that foodie market.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
She flew out there a week or so ago to check out the facility and the area. Has some of the nice foods, coffee, beer, etc. So I guess there is a hipster population causing an influx of that foodie market.
Sounds a lot like east Nashville, which has a popular joint called "I Dream of Weenie", a permanently anchored VW microbus "weenery".

So what did she think?

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,081 Posts
Sounds a lot like east Nashville, which has a popular joint called "I Dream of Weenie", a permanently anchored VW microbus "weenery".

So what did she think?
She liked the area a lot, but ended up declining the offer at this facility. Didn't seem like a great opportunity to relocate for. She's interviewing at a place 50mins from where we live and international paper next. These places all contacted her trying to recruit.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
She liked the area a lot, but ended up declining the offer at this facility. Didn't seem like a great opportunity to relocate for. She's interviewing at a place 50mins from where we live and international paper next. These places all contacted her trying to recruit.
I get it. If you can't 100% justify a big move, don't force it.

·
12,803 Posts
I spent 6 weeks in nashville last year on a job. Stayed at the 505 2 blocks away from broadway. FUN city!
Amazed how fast that place is growing since the flood. Thought about investing in property there...

I miss the hot chicken. Princes, Hattie B's, Boltons, etc. SO GOOD.
Also check out Skull's Rainbow Room. Super cool place.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I spent 6 weeks in nashville last year on a job. Stayed at the 505 2 blocks away from broadway. FUN city!
Amazed how fast that place is growing since the flood. Thought about investing in property there...

I miss the hot chicken. Princes, Hattie B's, Boltons, etc. SO GOOD.
Also check out Skull's Rainbow Room. Super cool place.
I grabbed Hattie B's once for lunch. It was good, but not worth fighting the crowd. Pepperfire is my go-to. Prince's is on my list, though.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The trick with Hattie's is order online for pickup. You just walk in and walk out.

Prince's was good, but definitely not worth the wait. I'd rather Hattie takeout any day!
I've only been to the one on 8th ave. The line is typically out the door and down to the street. Maybe I can sidestep some of that w/ online ordering.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
I was down in Nashville to see Mumford & Sons a couple of months back. May head out there to visit Leiper's Fork Distillery at some point this summer. Could drive through and see your ugly mug then. :p

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
TJ did you ever "do" car meets? Did you meet any PO'ers?
Nope. Never did any meets.

I know kyle5574 (because he's in Indy). Met Chris Bohl when he was just outside my hometown to buy his white 5th gen, and had a drink in Chicago with somebody else (unfortunately, I forget who it was - too many head injuries :p )

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Your Prelude ownership was cut fairly short IIRC.

What food is Nashville known for if any? Is there a metal scene there?

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Your Prelude ownership was cut fairly short IIRC.

What food is Nashville known for if any? Is there a metal scene there?
I bought the car new in 2000. It was totaled in 2004. That was long enough. :laugh:

If there's one food Nashville is specifically known for, I'd say it's hot chicken, but there are all kinds of options here for pretty much everybody. No idea about the metal scene. I've heard there are some good hard rock & metal bars, but I haven't done much exploring yet.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Been to Nashville three times, the most recent this past March to explore around. Saw Mumford & Sons at the Bridgestone Arena, checked out the music scene on the strip, visited a number of the city parks, walked around Vanderbilt University, ate at a number of good restaurants in and out of the city, and even went on a distillery tour (Leiper's Fork, in Franklin). I can't answer for the metal scene, but I feel it's diverse enough seeing country, blues, folk, rock, and others that I'm sure there's metal too.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Been to Nashville three times, the most recent this past March to explore around. Saw Mumford & Sons at the Bridgestone Arena, checked out the music scene on the strip, visited a number of the city parks, walked around Vanderbilt University, ate at a number of good restaurants in and out of the city, and even went on a distillery tour (Leiper's Fork, in Franklin). I can't answer for the metal scene, but I feel it's diverse enough seeing country, blues, folk, rock, and others that I'm sure there's metal too.
I'm headed to Cannery Ballroom on Friday to See Animals as Leaders. Uber-prog instrumental.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts