Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
My client has a site we support in Nashville, it's amazing how fast and steady that city has been growing over the last 4-5 years. One thing I know is there's always something going on in the city. Everytime I need to book a hotel for any of my techs going down the hotels are sold out due to an event or the pricing is double of a NYC hotel. I havent been there in 7 years, hoping to get back later in the summer.

The wife and I have been thinking of relocating to Raleigh, if I could get her past the fear of leaving some family behind we'd be there already.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My client has a site we support in Nashville, it's amazing how fast and steady that city has been growing over the last 4-5 years. One thing I know is there's always something going on in the city. Everytime I need to book a hotel for any of my techs going down the hotels are sold out due to an event or the pricing is double of a NYC hotel. I havent been there in 7 years, hoping to get back later in the summer.

The wife and I have been thinking of relocating to Raleigh, if I could get her past the fear of leaving some family behind we'd be there already.
My dad came down to visit last Thursday. I took him down to Broadway around 3pm - so definitely not peak time, but he was still blown away. Tons of people, bands in every bar. Just crazy. The NFL people were setting up the stage for the draft, so that was going on, too. I've heard there were upwards of 350,000+ people in town this weekend - just to see the draft.

As far as leaving family behind, my process went like this: I sent a resume to the new company in November. They called me in January. I had a Skype interview and a face-to-face. They made an offer. I accepted and called my family...

"Hey everybody, I'm moving to Nashville on Feb. 15th. Bye..."

And that was that. :)

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man so you had to move all your drums and stuff? Did you quit your band(s)?
The last band I was in split a year ago, so that wasn't really an issue. Of my two drumkits, one is with me, while the other is still up in Indy at a buddy's place.

I'll grab them sooner or later. :p

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Man, you're gonna have a hard time finding some new people to play with over in Nashville. Tough luck.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, you're gonna have a hard time finding some new people to play with over in Nashville. Tough luck.
EVERYBODY plays music here..

But in all seriousness, I'm so dedicated to my career at this point, I don't have time for music. I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later, though.

I visited Fork's Drum Closet a couple weeks ago. They've got a fairly massive Craviotto kit on consignment... for $22,000.

·
3,144 Posts
Are you going to be working long hours, or even after hours on your own time? A little bit of change is always welcome and I'm sure you'll find time for more hobbies and stuff once you get completely settled.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you going to be working long hours, or even after hours on your own time? A little bit of change is always welcome and I'm sure you'll find time for more hobbies and stuff once you get completely settled.
Not necessarily. My day is typically 6:30-3:30, but I'll stick around longer if I'm working on a project that requires more time. M-F.

·
3,144 Posts
Well that's not too bad at all. Go start a country group. No wait! a PRELUDE group.
Buy prelude.

·
3,144 Posts
You also hate prelude.(actually yours was totalled right?)
w/e

Yeah, I can respect old Waylon Jennings or Willie Nelson stuff; real country. But I rarely just listen to it, even Johnny Cash.
As far as the new pop-radio country? bleh. Adds weird outfits and farming to the embarrassment of cliche songs written specifically for their profitability.

end rant..

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You also hate prelude.(actually yours was totalled right?)
w/e
You might say that...

Yeah, I can respect old Waylon Jennings or Willie Nelson stuff; real country. But I rarely just listen to it, even Johnny Cash.
As far as the new pop-radio country? bleh. Adds weird outfits and farming to the embarrassment of cliche songs written specifically for their profitability.

end rant..
I can't get into any country. It's just so contrived. If anything, I guess I can tolerate what people classify as "real country", but all the new "bro country" stuff makes me wanna scrape my own brain out with a melon baller.

·
3,144 Posts
Yeah man I think we feel the same way for the most part.

So how many minions do you have working under you?

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah man I think we feel the same way for the most part.

So how many minions do you have working under you?
None. I have a project coordinator who handles a lot of the mundane tasks (sourcing permits, setting up appointments, etc..etc..), and an inspector who I can use to take core cuts, field measurements, etc.. but neither of those people answer to me.

·
3,144 Posts
Is this job founded in experience or formal education? Sounds kinda technical and cool to me. Glad to hear you feel great about it too!

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,081 Posts
Wife is being offered a job in Chattanooga, TN. Not sure if we will move for it.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is this job founded in experience or formal education? Sounds kinda technical and cool to me. Glad to hear you feel great about it too!
Experience.

Typically, a company wants a bachelor's degree, but I spent 10ish years in the field before moving into the office. I've been a project estimator since 2005. :)

Wife is being offered a job in Chattanooga, TN. Not sure if we will move for it.
Do it. I've got a couple friends in Chattanooga. It's not Nashville-level busy, but you may not want that. The scenery is beautiful

1 - 20 of 52 Posts