Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just need a little verification...

My 97 Lude has an JDM ODBI h22a4 in it, and I was wondering if I needed the EGR kit to complete a non-code throwing install.

Also I'm not sure what size would be best for a new throttle body. I think the skunk2 intake mani can accept up to 68mm. Anyone know of any reputable throttle body manufacturers? I'm not sure i'm interested in Skunk2 throttle bodies as i've heard things of them not opening under throttle response or sticking. I did see an Omni Power 68mm throttle body on Kings Motorsports web site. That one seems to have my interest.

Thanks everyone.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
The easiest thing to do is have your OEM TB bored to the specs you want. Using S2K TBs is fairly popular too.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning on putting a set of Skunk2 Pro 2 Cams and Skunk2 Cam gears along with their valvetrain during June for my graduation gift.

Naturally, I think an upgraded fuel rail and upgraded fuel injectors would be merited and beneficiary, and of course a trip to the dyno. With this route in plan for my prelude's H22 I think it'd be good to look into either a 66-68mm bored s2k TB, or Omni Power.

Thanks for making me think about the s2k TB, If I go that route, I think I'd have to check out king motorsports and their port matching services.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts