Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning on getting some Skunk2 cams soon and I wanted to get the Stage 2 pro cams but wanted some information on if it is wise to run stage 2 pro cams
on stock Jdm h22 11:1 Compression. I do have 360cc injectors and am making 210 whp and 166 wtq on type s cams and other mods...any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
well pro2s needs pro valvetrain and theyre kinda designed for higher compression than 11

pro1s would be more for your current compression

differences between those cams:

- pro1s are more for DD use and pro2s more for track use
- pro2s move powerband higher than pro1s which max power is around stock red line
- pro2s needs higher compression than pro1s (because max power is in higher rpms than with pro1s)
- pro2s needs stiffer valvesprings than pro1s (you can use tuner valvesprings with pro1s but with pro2s you need pro valvetrain)
- pro2s makes few hp more than pro1s because you can rev higher with them

AND

do you really want to rev over 9000rpm? I mean, the power is then up there and things MAY get unreliable in those rpms (this means that your engines life shortens if you beat it)

+ pro2s need 12 compression to work properly because 11 isnt really enough for those rpms

for DD cars theres no point really imo, pro1s are for dd use, but its your car

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have the pro series valve train. Also would pro1s make much more power than type a cams seeing as though I am at 210 whp already?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
In this case then are pro1s better than tuner stage 2s?
yes they are according to skunk

about same power but pro1s make more torque and theyre more better designed - better vtec crossover than with tuner 2s and theyre advertised to be more durable cams also

I already have the pro series valve train. Also would pro1s make much more power than type a cams seeing as though I am at 210 whp already?
do you have stock or type s IM?
how about header?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the help so far. I have a JDM sir type s h22a with a stock p13 ported and gutted intake manifold( I would post pics but I do not have access to my pc right now) I gained 9whp and 6 wtq from it. It is ported and matched to a skunk 2 pro series 68mm throttle body. I have s2k 360cc injectors. Hytech replica headers with a 2.5" custom exhaust. Type s cams and pistons of course. It is tuned on smt-6 at the moment with vtec engaging at 4300 rpm. I plan on posting up my dynos when I get home but in a 4th gear pull I made 211 who and 163 wtq. I think it was 208 in third. I would really love to see at least 235 whp after cams and valve train. My type s cams also have skunk2 pro cam gears

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
if you have type s 62mm tb you should use it. 68mm tb is for 300hp engines and you could lose some power when using it. your engine doesnt need that much air what it provides so it just slows the airflow down! stock 60mm tb is ok for around 240hp. with tbs bigger is not better. they have to be right sized!

Im at ~225hp with pro1s but my compression is about 10. now Im doing type s pistons that I would get everything out of those cams

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my intake manifold is port matched to 68 mm already =( I have the type s one but I would end up losing power in the long run because I would have to dump my ported and gutted intake to put the 62mm back on. What kind of power do you think I would gain from the Pro1s since I have type s pistons already....I will be posting my results after the cams sometime next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts