Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you have to do is change the engine/ecu/ and engine wire harness right? I recently found a salvage yard/shop that has 6 clean and 2 trashed preludes. The guys there were putting a 93VTEC engine into a 96VTEC chassis but they were doing a bunch of stuff I'm pretty sure is unnecessary. I convinced the guy to let me finish the job in return for parts. The engine and harness are already swapped but they also moved the 93 dash into the 96 so the left/right harnesses don't match up to the dash harness (which means no fuel). I should just put the 96 dash/dash harness back in and then check over everything right? I have a 93 and 96 supplement helms and both the cars right next to each other. Thanks in advance and I'll let you all know what parts I can get (pretty much anything for 4g's most likely) on monday.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Damn!!! Good!!! Let me know.. I am in need of a VTEC engine!!!

I need the spoiler with LED also...

Please hook me up... VTEC engine is priority.

Thanks

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
one leave the 96 dash it is with out a doubt way better, but why did they do that, they do know that car prob won't be street legal, or at least in cali it wont because of the year of the engine.

·
Registered
620 Posts
96 = obd2. you wont pass a sticker test with obd1, since they are starting to just plug in the computer i believe right?

·
I'm back baby!
907 Posts
Can they deny you an inspection because your ECU is too old?? or because its a 96 with an old ECU?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts