Honda Prelude Online banner

sigh.. my car got in an ACCIDENT!?!! part 2

929 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JaseJ 
#1 ·
Well...

Apparently the damages weren't so extensive, what a joke. Instead of taking it to a high-end body shop, I listen to my parents and took it to a bodyshop my father's friend owns. So that we can get a little extra $$$.

And the insurance adjuster (Farmers) quoted the repair for $2500. So my dad decided to go try AAA and see if they can't quote it for a bit higher. But lucky me Farmers already went ahead and faxed AAA the list. So I'm only getting $2500 to fix the car.

And the bodyshop already went ahead and started doing repairs to it. So I can't really take it to another shop either ..

UGH! I have a bad feeling.. I'll be seeing alot of mechanical failures and bad paint jobs down the line. :(

oh well.. i'm going down to the bodyshop tommororw. I'll take some pictures of my baby then :(

previous trend
http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118045

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah no kidding.. i basically got bent over and rammed up the @$$

i'm just so baffled cause keep hearing stories from friends, how they got into minor accidents and end up getting their cars quoted for alot of $$. Or how they hit people and the damages was almost nothing and the opposing party got alot of $$.

sigh

#6 ·
You should always go to shops that are in joint wiht your insurance. That way if icost more then the original estimate they will cover it. When I wrecked my Prelude they wanted me to go to the local Honda body shop and I told them there was no way in hell that I was taking my car there. The last time I took my old Accord there, the paint didn't completely match and I had to keep making repeat appearances for little thign going bad after they "fixed" it. I ended up having them let me use another shop down that street that did some of the best work I have ever seen. Look awesome and you can almost not tell that it was in an accident.

And for the record, when it comes to work on my car, I never let friends do the work, merely for the fact that if somethig is wrong you are not as likely to push the issuie with a friend.

#7 ·
yeah that what i found out today too, that if there are any further damages that wasn't discovered at the time. I could always re-file the claim..

like if my right front wheel falls off if i'm driving. =P *knock on wood*

ya i definately should have taken it to a bodyshop that works directly with the insurance company. sigh lesson learned

#8 ·
wahoo..forgot what i said before :)

i forgot to take pictures, but when I went down there to check out the car with my dad. It looked all the external damages were fixed, well cept for the front bumper need to be lifted on the side a little.

So apparently there was some internal damage, the hub, bearing, arm, and knuckles need to be replaced. (the OEM parts are already ordered). But my @$$ of an insurance adjuster won't cover it unless we take it to an alignment shop to see if it truly needs it.

According to the adjuster we can use the old parts and if it was misaligned, then it can qualify for replacement. The Farmer's policy is to only fix parts that are visable damaged.

So now its time to complain.. I already called and left a voicemail to the adjuster and his supervisor. :p

Hehe my dad even got his friend to do a 60k maintainence service to the car for $250.

*cross fingers* hope everything turns out ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.