Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you remember, my car was damaged on the passenger side front quarter panel. The car from the exterior looks beautiful: new fender, and headlamp. I got the car back 3 weeks ago from Friday, Jan 20, 2006.,..so right before New Year's Eve.

The car sat in my backyard during the past 3 weeks with minimal driving as I didn't need to use it. So fastforward to Friday, Jan 20. I removed my bumper to remove the headlights so I could install a new pair (no not projectors).

The body shop didn't fix a bracket that the fender bolts into. :eek: The bracket that is on the body is still bent downward from the damage and so the fender isn't bolted down at that location which doesn't really do much anyhow.

I plan on bringing the car to the bodyshop this coming Friday, Jan 27, 2005 just because I have a Honda service scheduled for Thursday.

Do you think the shop would give me a problem about this? I didn't take apart my car until now because of the weather.

Cliff Notes: Car was damaged. Shop fixed it. I took apart my front end and found they did a sh!tty job. Now the car is going back in to get "properly" fixed. :eek:

·
6MT RWD
920 Posts
I would take a picture of it before bringing it down to the shop. They're obviously going to deny your claims, and they're obviously not going let you or stand there watching you take your car apart at their shop.

·
99 Base 5spd
376 Posts
If it's even a semi-reputable shop I think you'll be just fine. If they give you trouble over it, definitely send a letter to the BBB, and make sure the shop knows about it - that's really unconscionable. I guess this is one of my pet peeves: cutting corners when you think nobody will notice; I don't think you should tolerate it. You paid them money to fix it completely - not patch it up to the eye.

When my car got into an accident I took it to a body shop to have the front end repaired. After zinging my insurance a shiatload of money to fix it, they returned my car looking great, but it had developed a squeek whenever I went over bumps. The shop adamantly denied that they had anything to do with it, and it wasn't until I spent a long time tracking the source down that I found out the fender panel hadn't been tightened down properly. Boy was I pissed! the shop was pretty embarassed though, and fixed it without any further trouble. Later I found that they hadn't installed a bunch of the clips on my front bumper, but whatever. That kind of stuff really kills me :mad:

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm....I think I will remove my bumper when I bring it to Honda on Thursday then. My boy lets me in the bay so I will take that time to remove it when its on the lift.

I believe the shop is quite reputable as my brother recommended them and he was recommended by his friends. :shrug: The guy I spoke to in the office was pretty cool but I am unsure if he would give me crap.

Now this makes me wonder if I should remove my fender as well. :eek:

Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts