Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after totalling my 95 vtec(please dont make me explain that one) I have 10g in my pocket and I am debating on whether to settle for the si. I dont race and I probably never really will. When I had my 95 vtec I barely even hit vtec, usually just when getting on the freeway. Don't get me wrong I smashed sometimes but for the most part babied my car. This is not a si vs vtec thread because I know which is faster and what not, but are you si owners happy with the h23 overall, I mean is it really that bad not having vtec. Would I be happy going from h22 to h23.

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
Old saying 'You don't know what you've got until it's gone'
If you're doubting it now, then don't do it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i love my si.... i would prolly want a vtec but since most of the time i drive like an old man its a very likeable car. besides even if you think the si is slow if you buy one youll most likely have enough money to put a couple mods on it. either way im very pleased with the lude beats a lot of the new v6s still, which is good enough. and some repair work is actually cheaper if you dont have vtec isnt it?

·
Registered
677 Posts
modmic2000 said:
Well after totalling my 95 vtec(please dont make me explain that one) I have 10g in my pocket and I am debating on whether to settle for the si. I dont race and I probably never really will. When I had my 95 vtec I barely even hit vtec, usually just when getting on the freeway. Don't get me wrong I smashed sometimes but for the most part babied my car. This is not a si vs vtec thread because I know which is faster and what not, but are you si owners happy with the h23 overall, I mean is it really that bad not having vtec. Would I be happy going from h22 to h23.
ive had both, and if you arent really into pushing your car, then i would go with the si. i loved my h23, you will be really happy for daily driving. its a great motor, just the 22 is better overall, but for you, i dont think its worth the extra money. go with an si.
marsh

·
Registered
927 Posts
downshifts are kicka$$... i thought it was pretty good on hills till i got my k&n best money i ever spent noticebale increase in torque.
i use my car mostly on mountain roads and after my koni install it can handle damn near anything

·
Registered
616 Posts
vtec badge / leather rapped steering wheel / stock sub / cool floormats / map light / tachometer / V T E C

... ill never give up my vtec for an si ;)

- M

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
i'll vouch for Si although i am going Vtec the Si is stilll pretty fast.

before i pass a full sized pickup truck i am going 45 after i get in front of it i am doing about 95. Trust me those mph go up fast.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it would be easy for me to just get the si if I had not already owned a vtec. I just remember a rush after 5k and if I dont get that in a si I would proll not be happy with it. Or at least a rush while driving it in general.

·
KG6TWI
1,796 Posts
Find a nice Si/4WS, you can always swap in a h22 later, but you cant add 4WS.

If I were doing it over, I would find a 94 4WS. Electro gauges, cup holder, the ability to install and h22 and lower insurance.

Si 4WS w/ JDM H22 = Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Love my Si. I roast stock 5th Gens. I'm pretty even with 5th Gens with the same mods as me. I haven't had the opportunity to race a USDM 4th Gen VTEC though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cantdrive55 said:
Love my Si. I roast stock 5th Gens. I'm pretty even with 5th Gens with the same mods as me. I haven't had the opportunity to race a USDM 4th Gen VTEC though.
You keep up with 5th gens, what mods you got?

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
modmic2000 said:

You keep up with 5th gens, what mods you got?
I/H/E and I consistantly beat stock 5th gens. I am pretty even with 5th gens with I/H/E. Tenth or 2 slower at most.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Mattsy93vtec said:
vtec badge / leather rapped steering wheel / stock sub / cool floormats / map light / tachometer / V T E C

... ill never give up my vtec for an si ;)

- M
wait wait wait.... so my car doesnt have a tach!???

1 - 20 of 54 Posts