Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the last month my reverse indiglos have been sticking pretty bad from 70-110mph before that tho its perfect and after its perfect, but anyways i tried to scotch tape the edges it didnt work, i tried to make double sided tape outta scotch tape by folding it oiv\\ver and that didnt work either. The only double sided tape ive seen is that thicker stuff. The problem is that the area around the center of the speedometer is raising up cuz if i hold my finger there it will be ok.....so i needa ake that part stick down but the only thing i can think of is superglue. BUT then i can never go back to the stock gauges again and not only that but if these ever stopped working like my old indiglos then i wouldnt be able to take em off...SUGGESTIONS? did superglude work for any of u and is there any double sided tape out there that is paper thin?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i superglue and removed MOST of the glue with acetone when i removed them, btu there are small traces still

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
ehhh i double sided taped the hell out of my indiglos...she still sticks from 70-80....

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
hmm

well first off i have some pretty thin double sided tape.. so if ur lookin for that just go to office depot or whatever.. they have it... just as thin as the regular scotch tape.

personally i've never had to use it.. if your gauges are bubbling up in the middle, try to bend the gauges a lil.. bend it so that the middle will sit downward, and the edges will come up.. then when u tape the edges down, everything will be flush.. just keep bending certain areas until u get it.. i always test the needles before putting the bezel on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i didn't have any problems installing my guages. but some of my friends have, and they just used thing double-stick tape, the removable type :D this way it doesn't permanently stick and it should stick pretty well.
-Dan

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
i've installed maybe 30 sets of indiglos for ppl and never had to use glue or double sided tape =-X

just start bending em around.. have patience

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
you could also trim down the bottom of the center of the needle,just be careful when doing it,I also have 3m permanent double sided tape under some of the areas,another thing I did was I found this really thick double sided foam tape,and stuck it to the underside of the black overlay,trimmed off the excess,then attached everything back together,it just puts another layer of thickness on top of the gauges helping it to sit flush around the sides

1 - 8 of 8 Posts