Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting the exhaust on tommorow and I was thinking about having the muffler shop build me up a 2.25" test pipe with the same length as the cat and same flanges on either side, my cat is getting burnt out anyway, has that crappy rotten egg cat smell a bit at idle, what do you guys think? Too much lose of backpressure? gimme pros and cons

------------------

On the prowl for some booty and blowin VTEC dust in the direction of the busters

·
Registered
188 Posts
i've heard both sides of the argument,
on one side, the old argument that without a cat exhaust pulses are disrupted and begin negative coombination which decreases horsepower, i've also heard the freer flowing exhaust creates power. either way, i don't think i'd do it just because its pretty dern loud.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Overdose- what do u plan on doing to the engine in the future? FI or N/A? And what mods do u have now?

Reason I ask is if ur mods are just bolt-ons and such, then I DON'T RECOMMEND taking out the cat. U will lose ur low-end like crazy!
However, if u plan to do some serious stuff later on, then a straight pipe might work. Hell if u go FI, then u probably need at least 2.5in pipes.

Just a word of caution though, running w/out a cat is gonna make ur car MADDDDD LOUDDDDD..
Plus the N1, ur car will be heard from miles away. U determine if that's a good thing in ur area. My .02

U can always get a hi-flow cat instead of polluting the environment!!!

[This message has been edited by EBP Lude (edited April 26, 2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts