Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
400whp club reject
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not quite that simple. If I want to go with the lsd I'll still have to track down a base 5-speed tranny since I have the sh. And that equates to about $1200 or so more. Or should I just stick with the sh tranny (no atts) and just build that motor? I just figured if I'm aiming for 400whp a lsd would help lots with traction. What do y'all think?

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well if youre still on stock internals i say upgrade them first, then go LSD and tranny

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
lsd! its fun on the twisties too. id say its worth it, but dont know if you want to deal with the hassle of tracking down a tranny and spending all that cash.

·
400whp club reject
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a one time deal, either I build the base block and get the lsd tranny, or build the sh block and no lsd ever. I'm just wondering how people making more hp then I are dealing with traction. When I hit full boost in first, my tires will usually start spinning and well into 2nd. Anubyss? any insight?

·
Registered
928 Posts
well with the SH block you can bolt up a base tranny with little modification but you need the intermediate shaft from a base

·
Registered
332 Posts
NtPReLuDe said:
It's not quite that simple. If I want to go with the lsd I'll still have to track down a base 5-speed tranny since I have the sh. And that equates to about $1200 or so more. Or should I just stick with the sh tranny (no atts) and just build that motor? I just figured if I'm aiming for 400whp a lsd would help lots with traction. What do y'all think?
www.hondamenders.com ...I got an h23 tranny from here for a friend of mine that wanted to convert like I did. $450 shipped with an intermediate shaft...still more expensive than what I didn't have to pay for mine but not a bad deal. ;)

--Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts