Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i ordered a B&M shift kit last week and got it yesterday, I put it on this morning, the installation was very straightforward, any idiot could do it in 15 minutes, so it took me 20...hehe. anyways, it was pretty much what i was expecting, a slight reduction in throw. it does have three different positions where the shifter cable can be attached so it does vary a little, it has a forward, neutral, and rear position. basically if you're in the forward position then your forward gears(1-3-5) are shortened even more...same thing for the rear position. anyways, it seems like its going to be a good change, and there is hardly any rubbing on the console. well, just thought i'd share that with you guys

·
www.ntpog.org
7,699 Posts
merlin: is it easier to shift? and is it actually faster? ive been thinking about it, but havent got to it, how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah its a little easier to shift, you just aren't moving your hand as much. what i really like about it is just the fact that it requires less effort...it probably won't speed my shifts up that much, but its less work to do when i'm just driving every day. i got it from carparts.com for about $60.00, its cheap, it works.

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
howis this shift kit ompare to DC and Neusped? someone plz help out. i know that DC and Neuspeedu have to tri the console more than that is any diff.

About that sortening the shift stik, anyone know where to ge the die they are talking about it? i really want to do mine

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay i've only got what i've heard about the other two companies to go on. the DC i heard was poorly made, the piece does NOT need to be very strong as it doesnt see much stress. but anyways thats what i heard about the DC, i was going to get the Neuspeed, but then the price jumped by $60. i'm really glad i went with the B&M since its adjustable. and i just got back from driving with it, holy **** its great. there is no slop in it and the shifts are a lot shorter. the stock shifter bushing sucks ass, the B&M bushing rocks. the die sets, you can get those at just about any tool store, Sears, Lowe's, Home Depot, they should all have them.

·
Registered
997 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Merlin1xx1:
okay i've only got what i've heard about the other two companies to go on. the DC i heard was poorly made, the piece does NOT need to be very strong as it doesnt see much stress. but anyways thats what i heard about the DC, i was going to get the Neuspeed, but then the price jumped by $60. i'm really glad i went with the B&M since its adjustable. and i just got back from driving with it, holy **** its great. there is no slop in it and the shifts are a lot shorter. the stock shifter bushing sucks ass, the B&M bushing rocks. the die sets, you can get those at just about any tool store, Sears, Lowe's, Home Depot, they should all have them.</font>

Is this for a 5th gen? Also does the B&M shorten the stick at all?

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
20 Posts
i don't know if B&M makes a kit for the 5th gen, i'm sure they do, but there are short shift kits for 5th gens in general. no it doesn't actually shorten the stick at all, just the throws, check out ntpog.org for some info on how to shorten the stick. ok, that set screw is probably what you're talking about Joon, i had one on my B&M also, the directions said to screw it in until its flush, then put the kit on then screw it in a little more, basically its a waste of time. i see no point to it, it doesn't hold anything, it isn't strengthening anything, its a waste i'm sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a momo knob on my stick, and it doesn't screw on, it just has the rubber plug thing, and then some srews that hold it on sideways....would I be able to just cut the stick a little and not worry about making new threads?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wrightlude:
I have a momo knob on my stick, and it doesn't screw on, it just has the rubber plug thing, and then some srews that hold it on sideways....would I be able to just cut the stick a little and not worry about making new threads?</font>
Yes, the threads are nice though if you ever sell the car and want to put the factory knob back and keep the Momo one.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
Yes, the threads are nice though if you ever sell the car and want to put the factory knob back and keep the Momo one.
</font>
Agreed. Also, though you've got the rubber insert, I find I still need to screw it on to get it all the way down. Considering, too, that the shaft is probably too big past the taper to fit, you should probably thread it anyhow. Be careful, if you go past 1" drop (on the 4th/5th gen at least) you'll end up not being able to use the stocker.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cool, thanks....I don't know if I am going to acutally do it, but I managed to lose the stock shift knob somehow..I think my dad threw it in the trash when he didn't know what it was

------------------
99 Black Base Prelude
16" Konig Octanes
200 Watt Kenwood Amp, 10" Sub
Naxos Muffler
Various Yellow Interior/exterior goodies

"ewwww...I'll take the crab juice"

·
Registered
997 Posts
Anyone have a pic of the shorten stick w/the Sh knob?

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
149 Posts
well, I have the DC one for my Gen4. I would not say its entirely worth the 60 bux that I paid for it, but its ok. The throw was shortened slightly, but one thing I like about it, is that shifting is now crispier. The first 2 days I had it, it was pretty hard to shift. Maybe I tightened the bolts too hard. But once it broke in, I really like it, so I would not say its a waste of money. One thing that hurt me though was I had a momo shift boot (stock tore) and when I had to trim the center console, I was forced to cut the shift boot....that darn thing costs more that the shift adapter itself!! anyways.....someone asked that question about the little screw. Its to secure it snugly with the shift rod.

·
( o.O )
2,802 Posts
pspec did not exist in 01. and it was much less than $200 when it came out back in 03, lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts