Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked a shop around my area how much it would be for a tranny swap auto to manual. They said 3k for parts and labor but no performance parts. And if I were to find the parts myself there charging $800 for labor alone. Does that sound right?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
What exactly are you swapping? The whole transmission or putting a new clutch and flywheel in?

Here it costs me 400-600 depending on what all you have done, but I bought the parts myself.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
What exactly are you swapping? The whole transmission or putting a new clutch and flywheel in?

Here it costs me 400-600 depending on what all you have done, but I bought the parts myself.
He's swapping from auto to manual. Yes he needs the whole transmission. Yes he needs a clutch. Yes he needs a flywheel. He needs shifter cables, the shifter itself, clutch pedal, brake pedal, master cylinder, slave cylinder, hydraulic lines etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much do they charge an hour? it should be about a 10-12 hour job (i think).
$3k seems right since they'd probably go for mostly new/remanufactured parts.
An update, they said they would take 2-3 days to finish the swap as long as they have all parts needed. So I haven't a clue how they'd spread the hours. I'm most likely going to find parts myself so again there charging $800 for labor. Sounds right?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
An update, they said they would take 2-3 days to finish the swap as long as they have all parts needed. So I haven't a clue how they'd spread the hours. I'm most likely going to find parts myself so again there charging $800 for labor. Sounds right?
4 hours a day across 3 days is about 12 hours. thats about 60bucks an hour. unless they'll be working on it for longer than 4hrs a day.

the numbers add up; do you agree with the numbers though?
i'd say ask the shop outright how much they are going to take an hour and how many hours they expect to put into it. but it also might be a flatrate and you could be saving a bit. who knows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts