Honda Prelude Online banner

SHOCKS??aDJustables or non-adjustables??

993 views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Scriber 
#1 ·
hi guys, i was wondering if u guys can help me buy some shocks.i just lowered my car and plan to buy some shocks.i was think about the tokico non-adjustables cuz i'm low on cash.What are the pros and cons of both types.Will the non-adjustable last me a while or will they mess up like the stock shocks.please help if u have personal experieces with different kinds of shocks

thanks alot

#3 ·
hey man I got the tokico blues and they are perfect --- but then again I don't auto x so I really did not feel I needed adj. --- but the blues are very good --- smooth and firm

#4 ·
kind of like showoff said....

if youre going to race then go ahead and get adjustables, but if youre just going to look cool then use the extra bucks towards something else. Unless you're like me and are going to spend the $1300 on Mugens. but thats me

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

#5 ·
i have tokico non-adjustables and i'm satisfied with them. I dont have any complaints...they ride very smooth but somewhat firm also. I didnt get adjustables b/c i figured that i dont really need them. so its just really personal preference and what you're going to be doing.

#7 ·
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned KYB AGX's?

Yes they aren't as reputable/top notch as Koni's, but they are definitely worth the $$ IMO. I've had it for about 1 month now and I'm loving it. I have it set at 2 out of 4 and it's definitely sitffer than stock.

Also I believe the price of the AGX is about the same as the Tokico non-adj, so y not KYB?

------------------
01' Base 5-Speed
AEM CAI, Neuspeed Frt.Bar, Neuspeed Sports & KYB AGX, Type-R Wing

Parts to be installed-
Apex V-AFC- anyone wanna help me out w/this one??

#8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EBP Lude:
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned KYB AGX's?

Yes they aren't as reputable/top notch as Koni's, but they are definitely worth the $$ IMO. I've had it for about 1 month now and I'm loving it. I have it set at 2 out of 4 and it's definitely sitffer than stock.

Also I believe the price of the AGX is about the same as the Tokico non-adj, so y not KYB?

</font>

I'll second this. I even leave them pretty stiff on the street, it's SO solid on highways or streets with decent surfaces. The more you're lowered, the stiffer you'll probably need the damping to be to avoid bounciness.

#14 ·
I have the EIback Pro-kit, with a set of KYB AGX shocks, and must say they are WELL Worth the money.. and unless you plan to do even some auto-x I wouldn't waste the extra money on the Koni's... I have mine set at 3of4 ALL around, and do TONS of Philly driving.. the ride is firm, but by no means harsh.. The benefit of having some easily adjustable shocks, on my 4th GEN they adjust with a little screwdriver on the TOP of the shock, is that you can switch back and forth in a matter of minutes.. SO if you have a hot date and wanna have a nice SMOOTH ride you can switch back to the number "1" setting.. and when you drop the ***** off, you can slam it back to the "3" setting...

Andres

#16 ·
well guys, the only reason i want to get new shocks is because my car is 1 and a half years old so i figured i'd need new ones soon since i just dropped my car.i dont' ever go autoxing so what do u guys recommend for just street driving.i just want my ride to be smooth and someshocks that would last me a while

thanks

#18 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DNA_Cyan:
I have the ProKits and the KYB AGX shocks too. Good setup......

the AGX shocks are the best bang for the money shocks. dun get these shocks if you are lowered more than 1.5" though. KYB will void warrenty with more than a 1.5" drop.
</font>
That's interesting...whats a good adj. coilover/shocks combo besides the teins and mugen?

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.