Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search on this question and no one answered so here goes. will a combination of shaving 3mm off the bushings and adding 2 washers on the top of the rubber part as told in other fourms in addition too the rear floor mod (using custions) be successful? time permitiing i will also be doing a complete suspention check.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
what forum did you see that on? I've never heard of anyone shaving their bushings on their UCA's. Could just replace your bushings

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were old post from 02, 01. and they spoke of removing the upper rubber bushing then remove the metal insert. after that cut 2 to 3mm off the length of the insert and reinstall with some lube.

BTW i just did the fix minus the floor mod and it worked wonders solid as a rock now over bumbs and up to 130mph no problem.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
what forum did you see that on? I've never heard of anyone shaving their bushings on their UCA's. Could just replace your bushings
It's not on the UCA. I'm pretty sure he means the upper rear shock mounts. The TSB that shows the fix says to use new upper shock mount parts including a bushing that doesn't compress. The old one compresses and creates play, causing the "shock knock".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts