Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I got a Type R shift knob, but How do I center the knob so it's not crooked? Everytime I screw it in, it tightens at the same spot and I can't screw it in any further. Anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
411 Posts
most aftermarket knobs come with a lock nut, so you can set it to stop turning at the point where its not crooked, i dunno what the nut looks like, i got lucky with my skunk2 knob that it screwed on perfectly (damn ebay)

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Yes... my shift knob came with a #13 lock nut. It looks cheesy though.. so i'm probably gonna put my razo knob back on.

--Sam

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Can you replace the shift knob on the automatic SS Ludes?

If so, what is my best bet? I am looking to get an aluminum dash kit, so I am thinking something to match that.

Does the S2000 knob come in an automatic shift knob?

·
Registered
457 Posts
MonStar said:
Can you replace the shift knob on the automatic SS Ludes?

If so, what is my best bet? I am looking to get an aluminum dash kit, so I am thinking something to match that.

Does the S2000 knob come in an automatic shift knob?
no that knob won't work with automagic, and no S2000 doesn't come in with auto. but you can still buy one for the manual swap later on. :p

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Woah what?

I want to change my OEM automatic shift knob, it looks horrible I think.

I would like something brushed aluminum but not big and tacky looking. What do you guys recommend? Any links?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
yes u can....u can get a manual or SH one...i have the SH one and it will screw on.

I recommend doing the shift boot mod, and then getting like a momo shift knob, it should only screw on, or u could just do the nut thingy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts