Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, when you fill your tank your car will feel slower. I learned that lesson when I first got my car and took it to Shell (for airmiles) I thought I got a crappy tank of gas so then I went to Sunoco and Got Ultra94. Same thing!? Then I figured it was the weight of the fuel that was the problem.

I too filled up with that same stuff yesterday and I don't really notice that much of a difference. I didn't expect to though.

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
filled up only $10.

at 90cents/L i'm not filling up.

oil companies on avg made 5billion in profit last year.. like they need more money. whats up with 90cents??

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
- snip -
oil companies on avg made 5billion in profit last year.. like they need more money. whats up with 90cents??
</font>
What should make you STEAMING MAD is that Exxon-Mobil increased their profits WITHOUT decreasing price or increasing throughput. Know what that means? They charged you more, you paid more, they made more. They didn't do a damn bit of work for it.

Texas needs to uncap some wells and fire up some more pumpjacks...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doesnt USA have like a crap load of reserve in alaska?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
What should make you STEAMING MAD is that Exxon-Mobil increased their profits WITHOUT decreasing price or increasing throughput. Know what that means? They charged you more, you paid more, they made more. They didn't do a damn bit of work for it.

Texas needs to uncap some wells and fire up some more pumpjacks...
</font>

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
doesnt USA have like a crap load of reserve in alaska?
</font>
Uhh... I think so. I know they pump a lot of natural gas outta there.

Yeah, I think we have an assload, and when everyone else runs out we'll be the next Arabs. Under Ayatollah Bush.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I couldn't agree more!!! Time for the Spotted Owls to move to the Zoo so we can drill... I just paid $1.89 for Chevron 91 yesyerday which is .20 higher than last week.

I don't know how may of you are old enough to remember this but one of the biggest reasons the Oil Industry was pushing the reformulated gas in the 70's & 80's wasn't so much because it burned cleaner - itt was because it's cheaper to make! Hell - one of the major additives is derived from Corn - which we pay farmers NOT to grow because we have so friggin much here!!! Now the Oil Companies claim it's actually more expensive!!! My azz !!! It's colusin if I've ever seen it! They couldn't pull this Crapp when OPEC was in disarray, but now that they're more organized the Domestic Oil companies are giving it to us in the rear without even the courtsey of a reach around !!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Was reading the news on the elevator TV screens yesterday and Exxon Says that there is another "Email boycott" going around like the many others that there have been. They say that it won't effect them in any way and that they are not worried about it.

I think they're right.

------------------
SlntSam

·
Registered
317 Posts
filled up only $10.

at 90cents/L i'm not filling up.

</font>
Only 90 cents. Well that will change...

------------------
1999 Honda Prelude Base 5-Speed. Crystal Blue Metallic.

"Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rogue:
Only 90 cents. Well that will change...

</font>
what do you mean ONLY 90cents??? how much is it in london , ON???

·
Registered
235 Posts
How much are American's paying for gas?

------------------
SlntSam

[This message has been edited by SlntSam (edited April 27, 2001).]

·
Registered
263 Posts
in vancouver, prices today are at 75.9 .. but there is a gas war going on in suburbs -- average price 60.4 .. and going a little further into the boonies, it's as low as 54.9. mind you, those are 87 octance prices, so add another 10cents for premium.

·
Texas
734 Posts
chill guys...oil companies have a lot more complexity than you guys think...they are not the evil big corporations that we are taught in school anymore, that has passed away long ago with the invention of the bloodsucking lawyer...the only reason their profits are in the billions is because they sell so much gasoline...but they actually only make money on the upstream (refining portion)...they don't make much from the actual retail selling of gasoline to you, and also with the amount of gallons they sell, if they were to lower the profits by just two or three cents a gallon they would make near nothing since their profit margin is one of the lowest out of any industry (about 4-5% after taxes)...i think they make a fair profit for providing us a service we need and they do take a lot of risks going out there and exploring and digging and negotiating with unstable countries where they could lose a 20 billion investment in a heartbeat...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I tried the new gas and it seems to be the same, nothing greater and nothing worse according to the butt dyno

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude2k:
I tried the new gas and it seems to be the same, nothing greater and nothing worse according to the butt dyno
</font>
well shell fuel is supposedly cleaner (less sulfur content) than other companies and they have "optimax" crap in it all for the same price as other 91 octane pumps (esso, p-can etc..) so what the hell, cant hurt to keep using it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
well shell fuel is supposedly cleaner (less sulfur content) than other companies and they have "optimax" crap in it all for the same price as other 91 octane pumps (esso, p-can etc..) so what the hell, cant hurt to keep using it.</font>
Yeah, I didn't know about the sulfur content bit. I used Petro Can before so I am switching to shell now. With repeated use, maybe we'll see some improvement.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude2k:
Yeah, I didn't know about the sulfur content bit. I used Petro Can before so I am switching to shell now. With repeated use, maybe we'll see some improvement.</font>
Perhaps we will notice something after a couple of tanks. (re: sulfur content, read the article that i posted http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/stories/990923/2899456.html)

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
Last night i went to fill up at my usual chevron station...and when it stopped i looked up at the total...What the [email protected]! It came out to $26...usually suppose to be $22 to $23...and i always fill on a near empty tank. So i look up at the price/gallon sign...$2.04/gallon
I was sad...it went up about 14 cents from the previous week i filled up

1 - 20 of 30 Posts