Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much should it cost to get my front,back emblems and the prelude badge? i got body shops sayin $300 to $350...but thats because they wanna paint the whole back and front...nobody will paint just the part....would it look bad if they do just pain that one part where the emblem used to be....or should i just do the $300 and get the front and back redone.

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by type k 157:
sorry...its a black 96 si</font>
Hmmmmm, I still think you're better off doing the whole hood and trunk...if it doesn't seem worth it to you have a friend key it to make it worth it.
In all seriousness I would ASSUME that to make it look its best they would repaint everything. Ask THATPRELUDEGUY though, he just got the front shaved.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
Sounds ok to me. I recently paid £130 ($190?) to have my front bumper resprayed to lose the rock chips so I think you've got a fair price there.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of negativity, but I paid over $400 to get just the hood emblem shaved and then the entire panel repainted. The color is not the problem here-it is that the clearcoat has to be put on too.
If you have someone who will weld the holes shut (that's what they did to mine) and paint each panel for a reasonable price-go for it.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jc836 u had your stuff welded? i was just planning on having mine filled with bondo....then i was gonna get it painted....is the bondo not enough?

·
Registered
210 Posts
how much do you guys think it'd cost to get front and back emblem holes shaved as well as the trunk keyhole and the two door handles/keyholes. and also set that thing up so that your doors will pop out. i want that so bad!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
What they did to my car is removed the emblem welded the holes and then resprayed the hood. They took care of all the little chips in the front section of the hood and then blended it to match the fenders and bumper cover. It was about $400 but my shop uses about the best paint that you can buy so alot of it was that. Also I'm certain that the whites and the nordic mist/crystal blue are much harder to color match. So there's my $.02

------------------

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
THATPRELUDEGUY:
....removed the emblem welded the holes and then resprayed the hood.

I agree with this-it is the only way according to the experts as "bondo" is not really meant to plug a hole. Also in time it will break loose due to vibration. Yes, the color match is also important-even for black. (Mine happens to be Crystal Blue.) Figure at least $400 per panel.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

·
retired
7,431 Posts
i got my front hood emblem shaved and repainted. they welded the holes, not bondo.
i also had a pretty big dent removed.
all done for $230.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
What they did to my car is removed the emblem welded the holes and then resprayed the hood. They took care of all the little chips in the front section of the hood and then blended it to match the fenders and bumper cover. It was about $400 but my shop uses about the best paint that you can buy so alot of it was that. Also I'm certain that the whites and the nordic mist/crystal blue are much harder to color match. So there's my $.02

</font>
Could you tell me what body shop you use? I'm looking for a good shop to paint/install my kit and to take a bunch of dings out of my fenders/hood/doors.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mark94:
Could you tell me what body shop you use? I'm looking for a good shop to paint/install my kit and to take a bunch of dings out of my fenders/hood/doors.

Thanks!

</font>

Well I use a place in Dumont called Herbs...can you guess why my friend decided to call them
Anyway when it comes to paint work they're top notch and use Glazurit paint however there not into the custom work. If your kit needs fabrication they might not be for you. I guess if you did the fitting first and just needed them to spray it and put it on they'd be fine.

Ron Sr. is the owner and they're not cheap...the # is 201-384-3955

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'm not looking to skimp on the job, I want it too look great and don't mind paying for quality. I'm getting the VIS extreme front bumper (fiberglass) which as I understand, there are fitment issues with VIS products so maybe this isn't the shop for me.

I have to find a shop that is experienced with fiberglass. I'm going to try to blend all the lines myself but if I have any doubts, I'll take it to a shop to have everything completed.

If you think of anyone else in our area that might fit the bill, let me know.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts