Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i had my emblems ripped off, I was wondering... how much does it cost to get them shaved in the first place? and what different procedures have to be done in order to make it look great? thanks

`knight

·
Official PO.com Fob
2,062 Posts
i'm not sue how much shops charge but i'll tell you what they need to to.

1. weld the 2 holes shut (hood and trunk)
2. sand the welds, the hood and the trunk like a bish.
3. repaint both the hood and the trunk (ur gonna want to do this if you want the whole hood/trunk to be one perfect color...or else you might have a 2 toned hood/trunk)

all i can say is that its not cheap....but its worth it, i guess :) i personally like the emblems.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yeah, that seems a little cheap to me too! I was thinking more like 5 bills...

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
for 5 bills ill just repaint my front bumper...lol...which really needs painting

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
body shop told me $350 to shave rear H and prelude emblems cuz they would have to paint the whole trunk. personally, thats ALOT of money to just take off two god damn emblems.... maybe we can figure out a different route? fill it in with something white or w/e color your car is?

·
2001 EBP Turbo Lude
535 Posts
here in MD it cost me around 575 to do the entire hood and trunk, i also had some some dings on each that got poped out in the process, alot of money IMO but i like the results

·
Registered
806 Posts
$150 is really cheap and unheard of in my opinion, but if you do get it done that cheap, go for it, its worth it. I got mine done, shaved hood, trunk emblems and keyhole for around $300 doen here in SoCal.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have all my emblems shaved and my sidemarkers. I got them done for free with my paint job, but the shop I went to which was at Mob Works in Orange, CA charged $50.00 on top of the cost of paint for each emblem. I recommend getting your trunk keyhole shaved too if you're going to do the trunk. I should have done it. It looks much cleaner and I dont really know anyone who opens their trunk with a key. Most people pop it from the inside. Anyways, what they do is fill in the holes with bondo. Bondo is what body shops use to fill in dents or damage that they can't fix or pull on your car. Then they sand, primer, and paint it.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Or just have someone key your car all over so that insurance will pay for a new paint job and that way you can have them shaved and not pay much extra cause it will be covered in the paint price. :D

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
bboyskillet said:
Or you could key it yourself ;)
But then you have to be really good when the cops question you.

Oh whats funny is my SS was recently rebuild and its fine now but the reverse gear has some synchro probs and its nothing major just a mistake on my mechanics part. So I take it in the other day to get it fixed and he is like do you have insurance and I ask why? He is like well you know somtimes the batteries just short and car catches on fire and stuff. If it did you would have to get a new one thats manuall. :eek: I was like wow something i have to think about. and I am sure he would do it if I asked him or implied that he can.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
bboyskillet said:

Oh they were no problem at all! :bigthumb:
You actually did it? :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts