Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opertunity to get a 5 speed SH transmission but I want to know if it will work in my SS Base 5th gen lude......
thanks for any help.....

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
pearl type sh did it, but I think he might have swapped in the engine out of an SH also. I would PM him about it.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i think it was done...some minor modifications and cutting and it bolted up and something else too..but im not sure if it was an SH block or base block or ahhh never mind

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
JoeW said:
pearl type sh did it, but I think he might have swapped in the engine out of an SH also. I would PM him about it.
I don't think he swapped blocks, IIRC he modified his block/tranny so they would mate. I would suggest trying to find a base tranny though, it will make things go a lot smoother.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
The SH Tranny is kind of not as straightforward as the rest of the trannys out there. You can get teh following and it'll bolt right up. Accord F22, 4th gen H22, 4th gen H23, and 5th gen H22 base. I did the swap and am using a 4th gen H23 and it was no problems....I love it....however due to the longer gearing and my lightened flywheel....I drop out of vtec during the 1-2 shift.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
sandiegan said:
how would an f22 tranny fare? anyone have experience/know of someone that did it?
It probably has different gear ratios. I would just get a base h22 tranny, you won't have any problems staying in vtec throughout your gears like you might with other trannies. And yes, pearltypeSH swapped atts too (base block, sh tranny and sh atts).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts