Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing another chart. For anyone who owns a non-USDM engine or transmission, please send me your block stamp and serial number OR transmission code and serial number.

Also, for anyone with a JDM engine, please include VC color, and year stamp.

For those of you who are unjustifiably paranoid, the information will not leave my mailbox.

Basically, you'd be able to get the two serial numbers and look it up in my chart to determine exactly where your swap came from. It will include all markets, all 4G and 5G Prelude models, several Accord models, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, part of the Terms of Service with PreludeOnline.com clearly states:

"You must assist Kronn with the making of his charts."

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried to look on my transmission, but i couldn't find the stamp. must be on the side thats sitting on the floor.
If your car is fully USDM, I'm not interested in your numbers. Got that stuff covered.

However, regardless of where it was made, the tranny sticker is immediately left of the block stamp, on top. White sticker with bar code and text.

·
( o.O )
2,802 Posts
i have a m2b4 - which is why i was only looking for the tranny code and not the engine serial. but i can't see it and its to heavy to flip over.

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a jdm trans, and engine(both of which are out of the car and on the shop floor, but the trans code is m2b4 #4003894, and the engine code is h22a #1155793.

Therefore it comes off of a 1996 prelude srv.(dont quote me on that but im pretty sure).
Haha, I quoted you.

According to my data, your engine and transmission match, both coming from a 1995 Prelude Si VTEC 4WS (BB1) model.

SRV = Canuckland model.

·
( o.O )
2,802 Posts
i think i saw the sticker still on my tranny, i just can't get to it now. that tranny is stored in the garage and the sticker is not facing up. maybe if it warms up i'll move it around and see

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First, JDM models always start a year early. Example: The 5G Prelude came out in late-1996 and was labeled as a 1996, not a 1997 like we do here.

So if it says 1995 on your head, it's a 1995 model.

Second, the data is coming from someone else. Their chart is EXTREMELY incomplete. It didn't even include years. That's why I'm matching years to serial numbers.

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got off the phone with HMotorsOnline. I explained what I was doing and so he asked for an example. I said "do you have any Prelude Type-S engines in stock?" He replied with "The Type-S with or without ATTS?"

I wanted to stab him in the neck.

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I replied with "Type-S means ATTS. No such thing as a Type-S without it." He defended himself by saying "well there's the SiR S-Spec". I'm like "yeah, those are two completely different models".

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In case someone wants to help but is unaware, this is the year stamp.

(the one on the right, inside the red circle). Should be in a circle with an arrow pointing through the two digits.

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I know you didn't, it was just a general statement.

Well just based on the serial #, the block is from a 1991 JDM Prelude Si VTEC. The head stamp also appears to say 91. And the transmission is from a 1997 USDM/CDM Prelude Base.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts