Honda Prelude Online banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
What's the benefits of the methanol injection kit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Alright, sorry it has been so long since I have done an update, been very busy and yes I have done some work on the car. Here is a big update!

Finally found a front seat cushion that wasn't completely destroyed and decided to swap it with my old one. The wires were a little messed up on it and pulled out of the foam so I had to work some magic with that but it ended up working out well. I got these from a guy on Facebook named Visa Sachchi. He got me the cushion, JDM cup holder and also some real JDM fogs! Hit him up if you need anything rare, he can get it!

Here are some pics of the process re-upholstering the seat and some other random stuff...

Old cushion...

New one...

Had to do some gluing to get the wires back in place, this was from a JDM passenger seat so it's in really great shape.

The covers came off pretty easy, but putting them back on was a bear...

All finished up!

JDM CUP HOLDER!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Then my jackshaft broke... :-(

The pulley came loose it was all wobbling on there, chewed my belt up pretty good. I called Moss and got the last jackshaft they had...

Also found a used pulley on Facebook and got it powdercoated...

New bearings installed on the new jackshaft...

Got it running again! My next adventure is getting my meth injection kit installed. Had my welder buddy put a bung in my intake for me...

Had to get the intake powder coated, of course...

Meth kit installed...

She did 269HP on the dyno but the spark kept blowing out at 6500rpm and the tuner guy told me I needed a crank case vent/catch can... So onto the next adventure I guess. Catch can and new plugs!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
Got some bungs welded onto my valve cover...

Powder coated...again.

When I took the valve cover off though I noticed that the timing belt was walking again, not as bad as last time, but bad enough it needed fixed.

Got an H22 walk blocker from KSTuned, hoping that will fix the issue...

Battery relocated to trunk to make room for the catch can...

Another gratuitous shot of my meth kit...

Catch can gets installed this weekend then back to the tuner!

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Awesome! Keep us posted on your tune!

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Just wish I could do something with that A/C line that goes right above my fittings on the catch can. Wonder if I could bend them slightly without breaking anything...
Maybe you can ask one of the garages, or even the place you're doing the tune if an A/C line can be bent a little without damaging it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
So the car died yesterday on the highway, before going to the tuner...

I couldn't get it to start back up. I had it towed to the house, checked to make sure I had spark and fuel... Tried a new distributor from the auto parts store. Didn't work... Had it towed back to my buddy's shop.

Back to the drawing board! :cry:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, found out what's wrong...

We think the walk blocker did it. I called KSTuned and they said that maybe the belt was too tight. We put a new belt on, no walk blocker this time.

Finally got her back on the road...

Back to the tuner for the final touches now that my spark doesn't blow out at 6500 rpm.

284whp, not too bad...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
She's still burning oil like a mofo, so I decided it's time to build the head...or replace it. Found this guy on Facebook with 5k miles (so the dude says) all Supertech valvetrain. It's also ported and polished. Some of the rocker arms look a little mismatched, I am going to pull the ones off my old head.

Took it up to the machine shop and had it checked out, had seals replaced, then painted it...

Putting it all together this weekend... Then back to the tuner!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I ended up changing my mind on the head and just built my own. I have some limitations as is with the ATTS and I don't want to push it anymore than I already am. I ended up going with all supertech valvetrain...

Oh and that still didn't get rid of my oil consumption issue. I ended up deleting PCV and that helped a little bit but it's still burning a lot of oil.

I got my car back from the body shop, full paint job and a little bit of body work. Replaced all the trim and lights and everything, it looks like a new car...

I keep having timing belt issues, had another one walk on me so I ditched the manual tensioner and walk blocker and went back to good ol' OEM auto tensioner. I know if it fails the engine is done, but I'm replacing timing belts left and right... Something isn't right with the manual tensioner...

Finally got it all back together then my alternator pulley went (nut got loose?) and took out my serpentine belt...

Of course I am using the AEM under drive pulleys so if I went back to my stock pulley I would have to experiment with belt sizes again. Well screw that... I started looking for another set, or at least another alternator pulley... Looked on eBay on a whim and there was a guy selling a brand new set that he's had in his basement since '03 or something I don't know...

Not a big fan of the red, nothing else red on the car, it's all gray and black with the exception of my spark plug wires...

It's kinda growing on me!

Here are some more gratuitous shots of my new exterior...

·
Registered
0 Posts
I dont know if you still check up on this anymore, but I love the build, just finished reading all of it and im curious to how your numbers turned out after your last tune. I'm currently running the JRSC 6 psi kit for about 8 months, rc750s, S300, IHE, the standard stuff and I just ordered my 9 psi pulley and plan for water meth so im curious to see how its all going.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I dont know if you still check up on this anymore, but I love the build, just finished reading all of it and im curious to how your numbers turned out after your last tune. I'm currently running the JRSC 6 psi kit for about 8 months, rc750s, S300, IHE, the standard stuff and I just ordered my 9 psi pulley and plan for water meth so im curious to see how its all going.
Just rebuilt my shortblock finally to resolve the piston ring issue I was having (was burning tons of oil...like way more than normal). Hope it's good to go now. Should have her slapped back together in the next couple weeks (she is sitting at my buddy's shop) and then get a final tune, as we changed a couple things...

I'll be sure to post some more when we get her done.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts