Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a seat or two in the near future and have not had much experience with any of the brands. (Sparco, Recaro, etc). I am looking for a really comfortable ride. Thats about it. If anyone could recommend or give any information / opinions i would appreciate it
Also any recommended places to purchase them would be ideal.
Thanks!
-Justin

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Do you want something that looks nice and cheap? or do you want something that is nice and expensive? I know on groupbuy they had some Tenzo-R seats for real cheap and they kinda look like the red momo seats. Don't know if they're comfortable though.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

G

·
Who in the States has Bride, and how much? I noticed that Bride's retail JDM prices are quite high. Luckily, I just found a good source for Sparco seats, so I will probably order a couple of Sparco Corsas here in the next week or so.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
997 Posts
Recaro SRD's...dunno how they feel but they sure look nice.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
945 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Who in the States has Bride, and how much? I noticed that Bride's retail JDM prices are quite high. Luckily, I just found a good source for Sparco seats, so I will probably order a couple of Sparco Corsas here in the next week or so.

</font>
Franklin over at the BMW club (black E30 M3)has a British importer hookup for Sparko and he got his Evo for $350. I would guess the Corsa would be about $30 more or so because of what they list at. You might talk to him.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have only tried Recaro and they are definitely way more comfortable than stock seats. I know that ain't much but when i took a 6 hrs trip down to LA, i didn't feel any back pain at all in my recaro, unlike mustang/mazda 626. oh, and as a point of reference, they are better than s2000 seats too. I have some pix on my webpage if you care for them

------------------
98 Turbo Prelude
www.151boost.com

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
The Sparco Torino seats are really nice, as are the Recaro and MOMOs, The thing you want to check out is if you want a fulll race seat, which is made with a molded base and cannot recline at all or adjust (unless you get lumbar or other pads to insert, depending on brand), and lumbar support adjustment is also important to a lot of folks too.
Colorwise, there are lots of combos to choose from, plus seat materials, but make sure they have the set hardware you need for your car also, since some brands have limited fitments. Price is important, and a big factor in what you will/can get. The Recaros seem to be the top of the heap, but tops in price too, and the Sparcos are highly rated seats also, but the prices are much more reasonable.
I do see cars with just the driver's seat swapped out, but if it was me, I would try to go ahead and do both fronts- who not let your passenger have the same suport and safety if you plan to drive hard? Just my opinion...
Good Luck! Hope I helped out a bit.

------------------
92 Prelude Si
Silver Bullet
Too many mods to list...
Check out setup at hondaprelude.com (4th gen., "BionicKris")
AOL IM: BionicKris

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DR:
Franklin over at the BMW club (black E30 M3)has a British importer hookup for Sparko and he got his Evo for $350. I would guess the Corsa would be about $30 more or so because of what they list at. You might talk to him. </font>
Yep, that's where I am getting them. $250 or so cheaper than what I can get them here for!

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yep, that's where I am getting them. $250 or so cheaper than what I can get them here for!

</font>
I am so jealous. I would have got the Evo if I could have got it for $350!!
The Corsa is a side mount right? How do you plan to mount it since there is that rise in the floorboard right where the mounts need to go?

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
I had Cobra Sidewinder seats in my VW and they are excellent.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DR:
I am so jealous. I would have got the Evo if I could have got it for $350!!
The Corsa is a side mount right? How do you plan to mount it since there is that rise in the floorboard right where the mounts need to go?
</font>
I am going to buy the universal side mounts and have Brinks fab something up. I won't use sliders, so it won't be adjustable. The Corsa is strictly side mount, so I couldn't use sliders, even if I wanted to. Probably what Brinks will do is make a bracket that bolts into the stock mounting points out of some flat steel stock, then weld that to the side mounts.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
www.demon-tweeks.co.uk

</font>
sorry but i couldnt find what i was looking for in that site. im also looking for a sparco Milano or a torino... i tried the search and looked at the seats they have but they didnt have these reclining types for the Sparco.

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
Demon Tweeks have the Sparco Torino listed in their brochure and it has the tilt/recline function......not cheap though.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Does anyone know a place online that sells Sparco seats? Besides Demon-Tweeks.

[This message has been edited by BottleFedLude (edited April 22, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts