Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP ME, I have a 95 prelude and I really would like to scan or better yet log some of my runs. All my domestic chevy friends can do this starting since 1980, I always brag about how high tech my car is, but I can't even find a tool to scan the computer with!

I feel stupid!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
what? r u inferring to a device that measures your times without actually going to drag strips and what not? if u r then look into gtech pro. its not that accurate but it isnt bad

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I don't like G-TECH's, the results are always overly optimistic and I don't like to set myself up for dissapointment, failure, and possible suicide.

Instead I am looking for a SCAN TOOL. Something with which I can log the paramaters off my computer - e.g.

Spark Advance
MAP Sensor
Injector Pulsewidth
Coolant Temp

Etc.

Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
For the later cars with OBD II ('97+? maybe 96?), you can get an off-the-shelf OBD II program & cable to monitor stuff. Kinda cool. I wanna see if it'll work more like a dyno. I tried the g-tech, but I didn't like how you get just one number out of it. Neat, but only tells you the max hp, which isn't helpful, for example, in telling you the best place to set your VTEC controller point at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts