Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys, finally got to run an ls1 since the supercharger is in again. Heres the dyno since that has to be posted at some point.

My setup is a JDM H22 (10.6:1 compression)
[email protected]
all the bolt ons and some fuel managment

Ok for the videos, first off against the SS i'll have to explain what limp mode is. My knock sensor clip is broken, so once a week here lately its been coming off and i get the check engine light for the code. When the CEL is triggered it retards my timing a huge amount, it drops about 30whp or so and my part throttle driving is horrible. so thats why i'm saying 220 in the vid, its probably more around 230 tho, just guessing eitherway. This was a race on the way home

http://home.attbi.com/~preludelc2/jrsclcls1ss.wmv

Ok this is for fun, HEMI truck and a mustang GT with bolt ons, we just ran into them about 5 mins after i got the light down on the 190 service road. i bogged the launch pretty bad, whoopti du
http://home.attbi.com/~preludelc2/hemi.wmv

This is a friend of a friends car. Its sooooo cool. I can't tell you how much me and my gf like his car :) Its a 67 with a 306 some head work and such. It put down 287 to the wheels at 6k rpms but they said (dyno ppl) that it was going towards 320 but the tranny shifted or something. This car's exhaust completely drowned out my rice mobile!!! sounds so badass (car in the right is a gtp, we both bogged our launch in the humidity, gtp just took off) this was before the dyno tuning, i was putting down around 220 or so when i ran him.
http://home.attbi.com/~preludelc2/67stang.wmv

Enjoy!
Youll need the latest windows media player, i made the vids on windows movie maker 2...

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
762 Posts
damn nice vids! :eek: I want booooooost now :D So what's your 1/4 mile time?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Guy you are the man! Holy crap the jdm put 30 more hp to the wheels than the usdm! thats insane. The mustang gt's wheel lights were priceless:laugh:
So now that you have 250 whp you think you could pull that 67 stang and SS?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fast&furiuslude said:
Guy you are the man! Holy crap the jdm put 30 more hp to the wheels than the usdm! thats insane. The mustang gt's wheel lights were priceless:laugh:
So now that you have 250 whp you think you could pull that 67 stang and SS?
257 dammit, if you're going to round don't round down 7! go up 3 to 260 lol

yeah i could pull both those cars, but that doesn't go for every ss or 67 stang :cool:

jdm by itself probably put down around 185 or so. gained over 100 horsepower at the crank w/ 6 lbs of boost

·
Registered
722 Posts
So what are you thinking in terms of 1/4 mile. I would think based on your numbers and that race, that you have a low 13 or possible 12 second car with slicks.

How is traction with all that power?

You need to line up some races with the Prelude Si that killed you at 10psi. I'd like to see how your do against that car now that you have a lot more power.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
well when i sprayed on him, he got me by a good 3 to 4 car lengths. So I think Guy is now at 13.4 or lower!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
ditto..youd probably rape him at 7 psi also.
He beat the Si by about a 1/2 car length @ 7psi. That was with his old setup (H22a4) making around 220whp. He has about 40 more whp and 20wtq. The Si Turned it up to 10 or 11 and just walked away from him. I'd like to see that race now with the added power.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actually i raced that si on 11psi with my 6psi on the us motor and he only got about 2 cars on me tops. I even beat him on one run to 120mph! both he and the cobra accused me of having 9psi :) but i was only pushin about 230whp at the time. it was that long video i had up last year.

funny story at the meet i saw his car and hte cobra but they left 5 mins after i showed up :( sucks

1/4 times are completely traction limited at this point. i don't have traction till 3rd gear. i used to like doing 1st gear rolls now i kinda avoid them haha, they're still fun tho only cuz when i hit 2nd it ripsit so bad :laugh:

hey andy i made a mistake. when i raced you 2nd and 3rd gear was normal. but you were pulling back in 4th if you noticed b/c when i went to 4th my cel came on and retarded the timing like a mofo. it was a combination of both. id say you're putting down over 230 tho, we need to dyno your car on the 75!

·
E46 fanatic
1,994 Posts
HOLY COW GUY your car is freakin crazy fast...STAY AWAY FROM MY BMW hehehe...hey how fast do those SS's do in the 1/4? how do you think i would fare to that one that you raced?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
thas what i thought guy. cause u were mad raping me until 4th. i did notice u weren't pulling anymore in 4th.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jeff: you'd do well against some LS1's in a stock m3. It really depends on the car and driver in particular since they vary so much. I'd say you would of beat the one in the video i raced, it was probably an auto at that. I wasn't putting down a whole lot when i ran him

andy: ashley says she didn't know you ran [email protected] and says thats awesome you get a :bigthumb:

lewis: dunno how id do on a 9psi one since i haven't seen one around here. i'm gonna try and race steve jrluder97 w/ his sc lude if he wants to. i posted in the ntpog forum for that

·
E46 fanatic
1,994 Posts
haha sweet Guy...now I'm gonna go pick some races...man if i lose it'll be all your fault!! hehe j/k

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
andy: (it's ashley) haha yeah...stupid rice boy. :p
noooo really, i was always impressed by your lude on the nitrous (that vid guy took of your speedometer is what we kept comparing his car to after we installed the supercharger this time. it took lots of tuning and adjusting things to get it to your speed) i just never knew you got a chance to run your 75 shot at the track--or if i did know, i forgot. that's an awesome time! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts