Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me, my girlfriend, and my friend Adam with the 02 Maxima went out to a local meet here on saturday night. Haven't been to this one in a long time but thought we'd check it out. Pretty much the fast crowed, Modded LS1s, Supras, etc...

Talked to a few people, done up eclipse but wasn't running right, modded wrx, wasn't running right, show car s2000, stock under the hood. so they all turned out to be a bust. We were about to leave and then we saw a guy with an e36 m3 about to leave so we talked to him.

He has intake, exhaust, pulleys and dynod 230whp. He was up for a rolling race so we got on the highway and did a 20 punch, he missed 3rd but i was already ahead. I think we did a 40 punch next. By the end of 4th i had about 5 carlengths on him. His low end to 50 was about the same as mine tho.

Next race some bmw z3, it was over pretty fast, i was trying to line up w/ a new GT but he was in the way so i owned him, he laughed.

3 GT's from the meet, all modded went by, 1st one turned down the race, 2nd was some asian girl she just drove by. 3rd one had some mods, numbers on the side, not sure what they meant. They were printed not hand written. We ran from 40 to about a 100 everytime i would start inching on him my car would crap out at the top end for a second and he would get about a fender back. but in the end we were pretty even.

Then I raced a 95 GT w/ green neons on the bottom. He could break his tires loose just tappin the gas. He said he ran a 13.9 After about half way in 3rd i started pulling (theres a video of this one if people want to see it)

Went back to the meet and talked to a 98 Cobra with all the bolt ons. This was the closest race of the night, we ran from a 1st gear roll, i spun really bad and he had about a 1/4 car on me and in 4th i pulled it back and had to let off b/c of upcomming traffic and his lane was ending (on the hwy). He wanted to go from a stop but the place he picked was so stupid i won't even mention it. (video of that at request again, im lazy)

Oh yeah earlier that night met up w/ a friend and he brought out his friend with a turbo LS crx @8-11psi, something like that. He ran [email protected] on slicks. My gf stayed in the car with me and he dropped his passenger after the first round of spanking by a prelude. We proceeded to do the same and beat him on whatever boost he turned it too. He tried to race me from a stop which was stupid :D

After tuning this week, next weekend better kills!! :D

Cliffs Notes:
e36 m3 i/e/p 230whp - 5 carlengths
95 GT - 4 carlengths
ls turbo crx - 1 to 4 carlengths depending on race
98 cobra - all bolt ons - even
99+ GT - modded - even
friends freak z28 - owned me lol

cobra race:
http://home.attbi.com/~preludelc1/jrsclc98cobra.wmv

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
So my question is does the jrsc feel faster on the jdm or can't tell a difference?

And yes guy post that vid please!!! (background music optional);)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turbo and sc make relatively the same power at 6-7psi. sc just has a better powerband. Get into higher boost and turbo is the way to go

i'll upload some vids lewis :p jrsc is faster on the jdm, but i also haven't tuned it. My untuned jrsc now is about as fast if not faster than my jrsc lude maxed out before if that makes sense. I'm going to the dyno whenever they'll get me in this week.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
"omg he cant just leave us" :laugh:

You da man guy, good race keeping up wit the snake.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, she was saying "omg they can't do that" because right behind the cobra was about 8 stopped cars on the onramp to the hwy!! but they were actually spectators from the meet not random drivers trying to get on the highway. :D

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
Hmm so you did a JDM swap how much was that, and the JRSC are you having any issues like b4?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
achemze said:
whos girlfriend is sidebusting the audio?
my gf said "he can't just do that" about the mustang because behind him was 8 cars stopped in the right lane. they weren't random drivers trying to get on the highway they were actually spectators from the met :eek:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
99Interlude said:
Hmm so you did a JDM swap how much was that, and the JRSC are you having any issues like b4?
jdm motor was 1150 + 250 shipping, installed was 1k, then i parted out my old motor still have some jdm crap i need to sell.

i don't know what you mean, you might have been confusing my posts with someone else. I never had any issues with the jrsc before except that i didn't tighten the main belt enough and it was slipping hehe oops! no problems with it now either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts