Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
good luck on polishing it. sandblasting leaves an incredibly rough surface afterwards, but I guess if you felt it was necessary due to scratches or something.

·
Wow! Look at that
427 Posts
It may be hard to polish but I am sure it can be done. If you like the look you might be able to seal it with something clear so **** will not collect on the rough surface.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Why did you want to sand blast it in the first place? Was the paint chipping off or something or did you just not like the look.

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
Do you want it painted like with a mirror finish?

If you do you can mail it to me and i can paint it with a mirror finish with hi-temp paint or regular paint. I think regular paint can take the heat. want a pic of my work? its on my computer case but none of the less:

as you can see i do a hell of a job. :D

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
You can always get the intake powder coated. That is what i did, most parts in my engine plus i tryed to do my intake , but it was to big to fit into an oven. go figure just my luck:laugh:

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
I can polish it. Anything can be done, just takes time. That surface is no rougher then a freshly stripped valve cover, and I didn't have any issues with that. it's more reflective by FAR then my AEM polished intake.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
98PreludeVtec said:
You can always get the intake powder coated. That is what i did, most parts in my engine plus i tryed to do my intake , but it was to big to fit into an oven. go figure just my luck:laugh:
you powerder coated it on your own? dont you have to run a charge through it when you coat it?

·
Registered
777 Posts
that doesn't look all that bad, i might try and do that except paint it black, the long silver tube is starting to get on my nerves. Chad i'll prolly follow your procedure if i wanna polish it, but is there a way to make it look like "black metal" like alot of the beltbuckles out there these days?

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
brendon2k said:

you powerder coated it on your own? dont you have to run a charge through it when you coat it?
i thought that was only when you try and anodize something...could be wrong tho...

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
why cant i have a computer case like that???

better yet, my laptop..hehe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts