Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I called this morning and told my saleswoman that not only would I never pay a $0.01 over MSRP on the S2000, I would never buy car from them again for trying to screw me. She called me back about 5 minutes ago and told me she could lease or finance at MSRP. However on the finance it would have to be a yellow/black since that's the only ones they can actually sell. They won't budge on my car at all. She her salesmanger doesn't really want the car since the motors been replaced and it's been hit.

Now for my next question when do the dealers have SOLID info on the '02 models? I'd like to wait and see if the CL-S does get the 6spd or if the S2000 gets the navigation like both are rumored to.

And to top it off they have a '00 white SH on the lot that's new and going very cheap she said.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Dealers generally don't get press release info before June or July. They don't get a lot of time to go over this kind of material. By the end of July they should have solid info.

Hoenstly, I wouldn't pay more than $500 over invoice, and I wouldn't take a car with any dealer "add-ons" that I didn't ask for. an S2k over MSRP? Hell, for $2k under invoice you can go get one with less than 10k miles on it with $1k in dealer add-ons and at that, pick your color. I've been looking (will be buying one soon) and buying from the dealer is just plain stupid. Not to mention the dealers are just plain stupid, screwing people forwards and backwards and sideways on price (then again, that's what they do best).

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
Dealers generally don't get press release info before June or July. They don't get a lot of time to go over this kind of material. By the end of July they should have solid info.

Hoenstly, I wouldn't pay more than $500 over invoice, and I wouldn't take a car with any dealer "add-ons" that I didn't ask for. an S2k over MSRP? Hell, for $2k under invoice you can go get one with less than 10k miles on it with $1k in dealer add-ons and at that, pick your color. I've been looking (will be buying one soon) and buying from the dealer is just plain stupid. Not to mention the dealers are just plain stupid, screwing people forwards and backwards and sideways on price (then again, that's what they do best).
</font>
Aren't you paranoid about not getting a car so expensive from someone you don't know? I mean at least new it's been yours the entire time. There's two things that really bite my ass about the S2000. First around me NO honda dealers offer loaner cars...$32k and you have to rent a car if it needs service? WTF? Second 3/36 warranty on a $32k car is crazy to me. That's why I'd like to hold out and see if the CL-S will come in a stick for '02 like one of Honda's guy actually said. Big trunk, 6cyl, lots of torque, loaner cars, and 4/50 warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I think I would rather have the Type S with a 6 speed. According to an interview with a Honda rep they will be out for the 02 model year.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
I think I would rather have the Type S with a 6 speed. According to an interview with a Honda rep they will be out for the 02 model year.

</font>
I had seen that too that's why I asked when the dealer gets solid info on the '02 models. Being my only car having 3 younger siblings the CL-S is a much wiser buy for me. The two Acura dealers by me are very good IMHO and one is very much into the CompTech add ons. PreludeEd has even talked to them about their TL-S with the header and exhaust and they gave him a brochure on what they had for the TL's. My only thing with that car is it's a pig! 3500lbs!!!! I bet that thing understeers like a MF-er

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
I had seen that too that's why I asked when the dealer gets solid info on the '02 models. Being my only car having 3 younger siblings the CL-S is a much wiser buy for me. The two Acura dealers by me are very good IMHO and one is very much into the CompTech add ons. PreludeEd has even talked to them about their TL-S with the header and exhaust and they gave him a brochure on what they had for the TL's. My only thing with that car is it's a pig! 3500lbs!!!! I bet that thing understeers like a MF-er
</font>
i drove my friend's regular TL the other night...
it's quite comfy, and torque is so nice.
it does, however, feel like a boat!
there's no way you can make it handle like the lude.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
i drove my friend's regular TL the other night...
it's quite comfy, and torque is so nice.
it does, however, feel like a boat!
there's no way you can make it handle like the lude.
</font>
Yeah I drove my friends cousins TL-S the other night and it felt like a pig. His Passat VR6 felt way more nimble on the road. I'm looking at the CL-S which has springs and sway bars out for it already from CompTech. I know it'll never handle like the lude but if the CL-S comes in stick the lude will be hard pressed to beat one with jsut bolt ons, add the header and exhaust to the CL-S package and I'm sure you'd be beating alot of stuff out there.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
Aren't you paranoid about not getting a car so expensive from someone you don't know? I mean at least new it's been yours the entire time. - snip -
</font>
Haha! There's nothing *anyone* can do in under 10k miles that I won't do 10x worse when I get it! I used to be paranoid, but not anymore. You can usually correlate interior/exterior condition with mechanical condition. That, and a thorough check of all fluids, undercarriage, and how it runs can add up to a pretty good picture of treatment. The "soft" skills can also make up for a lot- it doesn't take much to figure out if someone's lying through their teeth when it comes to maintenence and treatment.

In the end, though, I really don't care. There aren't enough out there to be "very" used, and that's what I want- something to pretty much turn into a racer.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
It is a bit heavy but with Comptech headers alone you get about 30 more h.p.

That and a 6 speed will make for very impressive numbers. The Comptech suspension should do wonders as well.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

That and a 6 speed will make for very impressive numbers. The Comptech suspension should do wonders as well.
</font>
I agree, stock in automatic trim it make a 6.5 0-60. In stick with the headers/exhaust there's no reason you couldn't touch the 5's. That with a quiet comfortble ride is a pretty nice package. We'll see in a few months if this is a reality though.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
- snip -
</font>
Uhhh... what? I haven't heard numbers that grand yet. The Mugen isn't good for more than 10. You sure that's right?

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
30 h.p. is what I've heard from the numerous posts, but I personally haven't actually see them on a dyno.

I thought it was a bit optomistic myself.

But ppl keep swearing they are making 30 h.p. because of how restrictive the stock manifolds are.

I need to check with comptech to verfiy, but I think thats where the 30 h.p. figure orginated.

If so, very impressive.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts