Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make an S2000 cruise control adapter/harness to allow the S2000 plug to connect to the g5 prelude wiring?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, I take it you have an AP1 steering wheel?

I too have one on my prelude and was able to hook it up by purchasing an AP1 cruise control cable and connecting it to the cruise control and then inserting the other end wires into the stock prelude plug and taped it up. Not the best way, but I wanted to preserve being able to still use my stock Prelude steering wheel.

This post will show yoi the wiring order:

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can use your original Prelude cable reel and re-pin it so that you can connect to the S2K cruise control buttons. It requires having a voltmeter to check continuity between cables and make sure the wire goes to the right connection on the cruise control buttons. One thing I will caution is the cable reel has a limit to how many turns you can go before it locks. Count it one way (counterclockwise) and the other way (clockwise) and leave it at the middle. I accidentally had mine carried over to one side that the cable inside was snapped and my horn and cruise control buttons weren't working. Luckily I had an extra one and replaced it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts