Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm about to get my H23a blue top from HMO in the next week or so. Then I am going to drop it in (have a shop install it). What I need to find out is whether or not I am going to be able to run it on the current ECU tune I have already or if I'm going to have to shell out major $ for Hondata + tune just to run a basically stock motor?

Currently I have a chipped P72 from Phearable. I asked him whether or not he has any H23A base map chip tunes, but I don't think he does because he told me to just swap the injectors from my H22A4 into my new H23 and see how the car runs.

As far as I know, the injectors are different in the H23 and H22, am I right? I thought I read somewhere that they are slightly larger. And besides the fact - long story - I am not even running the correctly sized injectors for my H22A4 right now anyways (running some 240-250cc ones probably from some Integra or Civic who knows).

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I'm currently running my H23a on a chipped p28 from phearable. He does have a basemap for that motor, or at least I was led to believe he did.

My understanding about the H23a injectors is that they are usable with a p28 (or p72) but they would likely need rebuilt because they've been sitting unused for so long that they're likely gummed up. That the only reason I used my h22a4 injectors instead of the h23a. Either should work, they are both OBDII.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys. Phearable has not given me a solid answer on whether or not he has an H23a vtec blue top tune on hand. He is telling me to run my current H22A4 injectors. The problem is, they are not even the correct injectors for the H22! Lol. Previous owner idiot long story I don't know how or why but I have 240cc injectors probably from some Civic or something. From what I understand, stock H22A4 Preludes take 280cc? And the H23A VTEC takes 325cc?

So yea, I definitely cannot run my 240cc injectors on the H23. And either way I do this, I want to do it right and not run the risk of damaging my "new" motor. If that means I have to shell out the ridiculous $500 for Hondata plus $500+ for tuning (on a STOCK motor), I guess I'll have to do it :/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I don't have the AEM unit, sorry. I already have a chipped P72. I don't see why it's so hard to just find a chip that can run my H23A for awhile *safely* while I explore which outrageously overpriced and unnecessary tuning option I will go with.

At this point, I'm getting frustrated. Phearable is of no help. The Honda scene is dead in my area (and dying around the country it seems?)... my car is worth $3800. My motor + shipping was $1395. Now I'm looking at a $1000 install labor charge, plus a $500 Hondata S300 or something, PLUS $220/hr to tune it (one local shop).

Outrageously, seriously. My old WRX, you could just hook up your laptop with a Tactrix cable and run free open source maps that you download from the forums. Or you can take your car to a tuner and he'll tune it on the same open source software you have. You don't need to go out and spend $1000 on crap to tune your car in other car worlds. Ugh. Sorry, just frustrated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If u have chip burner, u can burn a h22 base map. To run your h23a, ofcourse you would need the correct injectors to do so.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm running a h23a on my 5gen with a p28 using h22a4 injectors. It runs just fine.
I could even burn u those basemap on a re-burn able chip. Provided that your obd1 ecu can accept it.
Pm me if your interested

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm running a h23a on my 5gen with a p28 using h22a4 injectors. It runs just fine.
I could even burn u those basemap on a re-burn able chip. Provided that your obd1 ecu can accept it.
Pm me if your interested
Same Exact set up & build here today... do you still have your base map to offer would be helpful "

1 - 7 of 7 Posts