Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I also did this "mod"..... It turned out to be the best thing I have ever done. I have only gotten 3 plates done so far, but the seats are still really solid. With a little time a some good drawing skills, it is done in no time. I hope I am never in a head collision, but I trust my welds.( I welded the plates on instead of fasteners) When I first drove around with these seats, I felt like I was in a whole different car. I got the seats for only 300 bucks so it didn't hurt my pocket book. One of the cheapest/best things I have done to my car.

·
Yellow Jacket
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I made the 4th mounts earlier this week, and they came out great, seats don't budge, feel 8000x safer. I also swapped MOST bolts I used with grade 8 ones as suggested earlier. I'll probably swap the 2 left sometime in the future. I wanted to post because I took the car AutoXing yesterday (thanks Paul). The seats did a great job holding me in, and my position in the seat was never a problem. What I had a problem with originally was the fact that once I put a helmet on, I could almost touch the ceiling with it, if not actually bump into it :-/. It wasn't a problem, and I was plenty used to it by the time I got in line, but just a heads up. I'd prefer seats that were 1" lower.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had some s2k's in my del sol. I swapped the seat pan from the s2ks to my stock seat pan so i could use my original rails. Worked great. From what i understand, all honda seatpans are basically the same except for the seat rail mounting points. but it might just be the del sol.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I used to own RSX seats thinking I could swap the pans...

but I quickly discovered you can't because most of the RSX seat is welded together. I am guessing this difference is due to the built in airbags.

On the plus side, you can swap seat pans with the s2000 seats with 4th gen seats. Yes this means it is a bolt on affair. A gentlemen on a UK forum posted a tutorial which I can't seem to find right now.

EDIT:
Just had to say that black and red looks awes in that del sol. When i was shopping for a car I was looking for a del sol. Always wanted a targa, but hey I love my lude.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I used to own RSX seats thinking I could swap the pans...

but I quickly discovered you can't because most of the RSX seat is welded together. I am guessing this difference is due to the built in airbags.

On the plus side, you can swap seat pans with the s2000 seats with 4th gen seats. Yes this means it is a bolt on affair. A gentlemen on a UK forum posted a tutorial which I can't seem to find right now.

EDIT:
Just had to say that black and red looks awes in that del sol. When i was shopping for a car I was looking for a del sol. Always wanted a targa, but hey I love my lude.
Here you go, and I am sure this can be done on 5th gens too.
Honda Prelude UK :: View topic - S2000 Seats Installation

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, i just bought those seat. They are so sickkk.
Ive been wondering if you have any tutorial or pictures of how you done it?
Thanks. Dav

21 - 29 of 29 Posts