Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a guy who has a few sets of new RSR coilovers he's trying to get rid of. He'll sell me two sets (one for my Accord and one for my girl's Prelude) for 94 bucks a set. It's an awesome price, but I'm not sure of the quality. I know they had great exhausts when they were sold in the U.S., but until now I had no idea they even had coilovers. Are they any good, and more importantly, are they worth it?

-Chris

------------------
'95 Z28: black, stock except for the aftermarket parts.
'96 Accord LX: silver, a few mods...

Feel the quickness

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Well..i can't comment about the Coilovers.. but I have RS*R springs on my 5th gen prelude and they ride real good..maybe you should ask the guy about the spring rates. 94 bucks is cheap..ask him how much he can get RS*R springs for. I got mine for 120.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i think he means they are rs racing coilovers. rs racing is a generic brand like focuz, obx, etc

big difference between rs*r and rs racing

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
i think he means they are rs racing coilovers. rs racing is a generic brand like focuz, obx, etc

big difference between rs*r and rs racing
</font>
Hmmm... Maybe you're right. He did say RS Racing, but later mentioned them as being RSR coilovers. I didn't know there was a difference. He did mention that they were no longer sold in the U.S., which strengthened the idea that they were indeed RSR.

Does anyone have any experience with either company's suspension products?

-Chris

------------------
'95 Z28: black, stock except for the aftermarket parts.
'96 Accord LX: silver, a few mods...

Feel the quickness

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
well..hahaha..i never heard of rs racing. As for my springs..they've been on my car for almost 3 years now. I know other board members have tried to find them online and at shops, but to no avail.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts