Honda Prelude Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys know the times for this car. my cousin has a 00 rousch 5 spd and says its faster than my ss. should i belive him? he said that he has already beat a stang gt which i find hard to belive since his car is a 2.5l duratech v6? is it faster than my car?

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,including exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well if it is a rousch cougar, it can depend.. I know rousch does everything from bodykits on-up to some bolt on performance parts.. so I guess it depends on how "rousch" it is...

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I'd say in stock trim the V6 5spd cougar would give a SS a decent run. Now I never heard of a Rousch Cougar but Rousch Racing makes some serious Mustangs and if they gave the Cougar the same treatment you'd get spanked. The 2.5 V6 is the same one that makes 200hp in the SVT just not tuned for it. If Ford could make 200hp out of it I'm sure Rousch could make plenty more then that.

BTW why would you even care? Cougars suck! They have awful track records for warranty work and fit and finish...I remember my friend who was a parts manager for mecury told me of a Cougar that came in because the rear wheel fell off the car. I read a few message boards and that wasn't the only one to do it! They have bad welds on the rear axle or faulty hubs...soemthing like that.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Stock cougars are dogs... extremely slow cars.

I can't find any info on a "Rousch Cougar". I'm sure they could build something that could spank you bad though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well there was a sweet yellow Rousch Couger in Sport Compact a few months ago. It was supercharged and crazy fast. I think I remember there weren't any production plans though. If it's anything like that car, you're way dead meat.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I would imagine the Cougar is compared with the Prelude because they are both sport coupes and both are fairly slow. But from what I have seen on even the fastest Cougars, they have VERY bad 1/4 mile times.

I am not positive but can you get the wings west kit straight from the mercury dealer? I swear I am sick and tired of seeing cougars with bodykits and they are all jacked up looking. It's extremely tasteless and serves no purpose if your car isn't dropped atleast a little bit. The car would probably be a lot faster if they didn't have domes sticking out of every piece of the car.

And with all the money put in to that Yellow Rousch cougar, that thing wasn't even close to fast.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Cougar? moving to OT. .

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.